what to do, what to do

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stinkweed, May 3, 2016.

1. Hey guys, so after making a ridiculous discovery the other day, Im curious as how to go about my grow. So, it turns out that the Ak48 seeds that I ordered were not the autoflower variety, and were actually just feminized Ak48. So I have been growing a photo for the last 8 weeks thinking it was an autoflower. Problem is i'm not seeing any pistils except for ONE long one at the top of the plant. My question is can I just go ahead at change my light cycle over to 12/12 even though I dont see preflowers? Will they develop once the plant senses the shorter span of light? Im just starting to get concerned here because ON day 48, and Im not seeing any sign of pistils except the single one at the top. Thanks for any advice

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you see a preflower at the top, you're probably good to go. Especially after two months. I'd go ahead and flip. I'm in veg day ~ 45ish and don't see any preflowers, either.

"The world is in your hands,
    Mine are in the dirt."

• Like Like x 2
  3. Okay cool, thanks man. Im ready for this bushy girl to bud lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. You can switch to 12/12 any time after they germinate. Haha sorry about the non-autos

• Like Like x 1
  5. I bet you ordered from Nirvana!!! The same thing happened to me back in January, I ordered autos and got feminized seeds lol. I'm growing 2 Aurora Indica. I just found out they weren't autos on 4/16. so they were in veg for almost 3 months. I would've topped and fimmed them at least. Anyway I more happy with the feminized even though they let me have any strain because it was their fault free smoke. They have been in flower for 17 days now. Had Supercroped because they are over 3 feet with out the pot. And trimmed all the bottom foliage and added 120 watts for bottom lighting. there still gonna streach a lot.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  6. I normally hate LED grow pics but these look nice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Listen, you're better off without the "auto" strain seeds. I can't tell you how many posts I've read on here where people have started those auto strains and they would go into flower at like 2 weeks of age and all kinds of other weird stuff. Grow normal plants. It'll give you the opportunity to learn the plant and how it grows and learn how to read what it's telling you...because they will tell you everything that's wrong with them. You just have to have enough experience with them to understand it. But you've got pistils all over that plant signifying that it's a female and the veg portion of the process is just to grow the plant to the size you need for putting it into flower. The larger you let your plant get, the better your harvest will be at the end....assuming it's healthy, etc. Make sure you've got it in a container that can support the growth that flowering will cause. It should double or triple in size during the flower cycle depending on how strong your flower lighting is. If you're flowering with CFLs, don't get too excited. They're not very good for the flowering period. They work great for veg, but just don't have the strength you need to flower off good dense buds like we all try to grow. If you're new to all this, go to the new grower threads here and read the several "sticky's" there just for the new grower. They contain all the basic information you'll need to get through your first grow without making all the uninformed new grower mistakes that are common. People put a ton of time into figuring out the grow setup they will put together and typically don't do a lot of pondering over the process of growing the plant. Growing these inside is like nothing I've grown before just because of the way you have to do. But the more you know, the easier time you will have. Good luck! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fem > auto

Just put a fem under 12/12 and it will flower as soon as it can....

Probably will be better quality to

• Like Like x 1
  9. you called it brother, lol. Those plants are looking beautiful too man, wow

10. Very helpful info, thanks a lot

11. I guess autos are a personal preference. They may not yield as much but I love watching autos grow so quickly. Im not that concerned with yield I just enjoy watching the progress.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tww! I'm using a Marshydro 600 278 draw. I added 120 watts of Cfl's for bottom lighting!!!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Im using CFLs that are 2700k, about 6400 lumens. I was kind of on a budget lighting wise, but next time im going with a T5

14. Honestly when I was calculating costs I found that an HID and CFLs came out to around the same price since you have to buy a lot of fixtures and multiple bulbs for CFLs. I got my 400w HPS ballast/fixture/bulb combo for $99.99 (I did get 15% off though which made it cheaper)

• Like Like x 1
  15. The difference I believe comes in power consumption, or lack thereof.

"The world is in your hands,
    Mine are in the dirt."

16. Not only the electricity cost but heat issues as well... a full CFL set up runs cooler then a LED set up as well.

18. Spoken like a very closed minded person who does not handle change very well. An autoflower showing sex and going into flower at 2 weeks is far from "weird stuff". Open your eyes and take a look around. There is massive yields from auto strains these days. Yields that would make many photoperiod growers jealous. We aren't talking about Low Ryder strains anymore. No more difficult to grow than photo strains...take a look around look at the people fucking up photo grows. My last auto grow was a Bomb Seeds Cherry Bomb grown in a 3.5 gallon DWC bucket and pulled 7.95 oz dry in about 75 days from sprout.......grown under a MarsHydro 300w LED!

19. Just a little update, for whom it may interest lol. This is week 3 of 12/12.

20160526_114936_006-1.jpg