What to do to silence fans on grow box

Discussion in 'Security' started by Purpleface, Dec 11, 2011.

1. I'm Looking to make my fans much quieter on my grow box. They are only pc fans but they are still loud enough to raise suspicion. So is there any way to make them quieter or even silence them completely?

2. turn the music up when people come over. thats all I can think of..lol

3. Hey I'm planning a pc fan exhausted veg cab right now and I've researched a bit.I think you could:

a) Reduce vibration by mounting w/ rubber mounts (if vibration is the prob)
    b) Put a dimmer switch on your fans (reduce whirring sound/sacrifice cfm)
    c) Place the pc fan inside the grow box, perhaps surrounded by insulated box, leaving room for air flow

hope this helps!

4. #4 Greenbudz, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    Yeah rubber dampeners for the screws, they even have spidey web looking dampeners that fit over the fan itself.

5. [quote name='"Greenbudz"']Yeah rubber dameners for the screws, they even have spidey web looking dampeners that fit over the fan itself.[/quote]

Thanks i gues ill be using rubber dampeners. Can anybody vouch for an extremely quiet pc fan?

6. I agree with these ideas, completely. It would also help to put a "muffler" on the output. You can get a sound dampener that will reduce turbulance noise of the output.

7. A larger fan going at a lower rpm would be quiter and should move the same amount of air

8. I suspended mine to get rid of vibration. Using CanFan Pro Series which has 3 setting which is nice. Suspended with parachute cord on hooks and some good boy scout knots ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Best thing is to put the fan in the box it came in and cut holes for the ducting on either side. Then fill inside of box with insulation then tape box up.

10. GENIUS !

11. I bought some of these fans and controllers.