what to do about hermies?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Leprosy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. ive head about hermaphrodite plants resulting from shitty conditions- i havent seen any yet but i fear i will and ive heared you can simply pull off the male pollen sacks- is this true? will they return?

2. they will keep popping ball sacks if it hermies. the best thing to do is cut it down so it doesnt pollinate the rest of your plants.

3. just seperate and grow it for hash and seeds.. thats what i would do if i had the space to seperate it.. it will still get u high too if u smoke it.. but bubble hash is easy to make and them buds would be perfect, if its not as good of a grade as u hoped for or used too made hash or medables out of it.. just my 2 cents

4. You can make hash from males!?!?

5. Firstly there is intersex plants that just have a few male flowers then there's hermaphrodites which have lots and would ruin any plants in the room. It's really hard to spot the male flower they look like 3 tiny bananas. If you catch the mail flowers I've cut them out when this has happened to me. You don't get that many seeds from intersex plants but you will off a full on hermie. How many plants do you have?

6. intersex plant? never heard of it.

a hermie is a plant with male and female parts. it does not matter if there is just one male flower or 100 male flowers. its a hermie. and if just ONE of those pollen sacks opens up it has the potential to polinate your entire grow, depending on how large of a space your flowering in.

7. intersex plant? never heard of it.

a hermie is a plant with male and female parts. it does not matter if there is just one male flower or 100 male flowers. its a hermie. and if just ONE of those pollen sacks opens up it has the potential to polinate your entire grow, depending on how large of a space your flowering in.[/QUOTE]

Try reading marijuana horticulture by Jorge Cervantes then. I've had this happen and they don't all have pollen sacks just stomata. So don't knock what I said

8. #8 Imalittleteapot, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011
    male flowers? or just stomata? make up your mind bro. You basically said that a Female that popped just few pollen sacks is an "intersex" plant and a female plant that has a bunch of pollen sack is a hermie. either way, a pollen sack in the grow room is not a good thing. your an idiot if you tolerate ANY seeds in your weed.
    i have read that book, and i think you have misunderstood what he is saying.

oh, btw, its spelled MALE, not MAIL.

you clearly dont know what your talking about

9. [quote name='"Imalittleteapot"']

male flowers? or just stomata? make up your mind bro. You basically said that a Female that popped just few pollen sacks is an "intersex" plant and a female plant that has a bunch of pollen sack is a hermie. either way, a pollen sack in the grow room is not a good thing. your an idiot if you tolerate ANY seeds in your weed.
    i have read that book, and i think you have misunderstood what he is saying.

oh, btw, its spelled MALE, not MAIL.

you clearly dont know what your talking about[/quote]

Ok I meant staminate flowers and I know how to spell that's predictive text for you so read the book again half wit page 451 quote intersex: a plant which displays both staminate and pistilate flowers. it is technically a hermie just not as bad. Why should he chop it most just cut the flowers out And carry on

10. #10 Imalittleteapot, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011

Lmao, use whatever term you want. we are talking about the same thing. intersex is not a "early-hermie" term. Its just a term for a plant that has both male and female flowers. Intersex, Hermie, they are the same thing. Both not good in your sensimilla garden. if there are pollen sacks in your flower room you have a very good chance of pollinating your girls, is that so hard to grasp?

thats what i remember about intersex plants....where does he say that an intersex plant turns into a hermie after X amount of pollen sack show up?

the reason i would chop is because its not worth the risk. what if you miss one of the pollen sack and it opens? you will have seeds. Its called damage control and i only know this from first hand experiences. I have tried to battle hermies, i have tried to pluck all the pollen sacks. Its nearly impossible to be 100% certain you got them all, and whos to say they dont pop a few more after you pluck them? its just not stuff that i would want to worry about.

this is my opinion, but if you like seeds in your weed then do whatever you want.

11. If he only has one I'd battle it I have a skunk 1 that had four flowers show up on one I caught them the day they appeared it's about a week away now this happened a couple of weeks ago I just nipped them out it may have a few seeds but not many. One of my previous grows was blueberry. I had ten plants do it but not many seeds. I know what you're saying we don't want seeds but a few seeds is better than no bud at all. We must at least be able to agree on that;)

12. yeah, i would keep it as well if it was just one plant. depends on the circumstance.

13. I have 4 but I decided I'd risk it because I only found a small amount of seeds in the bb I smoked:) I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I'll let you know what happens :)

14. I have a hermie but only on a few stems so cut them away back to the stem and have had no bollocks on show since that was on week 2 of flowering. Im now on week 5, it stunned her for a week but all is well now. Maybe I'm lucky? and it was one of the freebies from attitude (Big Bud).
    Decided to call it Lady Gaga coz she likes to show a bollock from time to time! 

15. [quote name='"MeanMclean"']I have a hermie but only on a few stems so cut them away back to the stem and have had no bollocks on show since that was on week 2 of flowering. Im now on week 5, it stunned her for a week but all is well now. Maybe I'm lucky? and it was one of the freebies from attitude (Big Bud).
    Decided to call it Lady Gaga coz she likes to show a bollock from time to time! [/quote]

Ha ha:)