Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What to call a bubbler?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mdzthatsme, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Ok i am going with a friend to get a bubbler at this head shop in Columbus, and i was wondering if we had to call it anything else? cause like i know you have to call a bong a water pipe or else they get all weird. thanks. don't really know what kind we are getting yet exactly.

2. just say bubbler if they correct you use what they say. i had to call em whalers in one shop

3. alright thanks man

4. Why is it that in head shops you cant use street names for pieces? Is it rude or somthing? b/c i always see people stessing about calling bongs water pipes in headshops just like you mentioned.

5. well i have only been in three head shops, but in two of them there were signs everywhere saying if you called something a bong instead of a water pipe you would be "kicked out immediately" since they are so serious about it, there is probably some law about using names like this maybe?

6. It isn't rude but if you say bong it is slang for a water pipe used to smoke weed, which legally they can only sell it if it is "only used for tabacco"

7. gotcha. thought it was something to do with legality. it always freaking is.

8. Up here they are called handheld waterpipes. But you can always say bubbler and they'll either correct you or show you what your looking for.

And as for water pipe as to bong in the headshops is because a water pipe could be used for smoking tobacco whereas a bong is more for smoking pot. THey are not legally allowed to sell bongs for use as paraphanelia. while they can sell water pipes for smoking tobacco cause its legal.

Attached Files:

9. Bongs are illegal. Water pipes aren't ;)