what to buy for a first piece??

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by fishbro, Jan 24, 2013.

1. not sure what to buy, i would like some thing small like a glass pipe or some thing. I would like to spend under thirty dollars. Thanks

2. Bubbler :gone:

3. spoon or mini steamroller pipe

4. if its your first piece and you cant find a nice spoon or fomething for your price range, sunoco sells spoons for 15-20$. Granted they're not the best. But their good for your first piece or until you can afford a used one. but id say just go to your LHS and see what they have for your proce that you like. Hope this helps.

5. Get a bubbler, or better yet make one.

6. i'd say ur best bet for a nice quality small glass pipe around the $30 range, would be a glass chillum or a glass spoon,
    both are really good pipes, i'd try for those if i were you though

7. Get a bubbler, they can even sometimes be cheaper than bowls. I got my first bubbler for 9 bucks! You know you're gonna want the water filtration.

8. Get a bubbler they are amazing

9. :hello: yes, get a nice spoon. I would spend a little more than $30 though, but that's just me. I think my first pipe was less than $20.

10. definatly!
    you can get a mediocre spoon for 30,
    but if u fork up the extra 20-30
    you can really get a sick piece.. its definalty a long term thing too if your not clumsy with your glass. so also think about that, the 30 dollar one might be cheaper, but if u wait out and get the 45-60 dollar one, you will have it longer...

just a thought

11. I got my first bowl and a dime for 25 and its a nice piece. It's not a cheap piece of shit

12. My first piece was a cigarette sneak a toke. Packing the bowl was small as hell but it got the job done. I plan on buying a $100 glass sculpted dragon piece when I move out.

13. If you're set on a dry piece I would say go with a hammer or a nice sherlock, they hit a lot smoother than a spoon.

14. First piece just get a nice ~3 inch glass bowl.

Whatever you get make sure its good thick glass not that thin shit. Make sure it has some weight to it and doesn't remind you of an incandescent bulb when holding/tapping on it.

15. I recently picked up a cheap $30 water pipe from my LHS.

I feel a water pipe might be best as a first piece, it gives you the option of hitting it dry, or you can add water to smooth out the hit.

Either way, don't go too expensive, a $30 budget sounds like a good idea.