What the hells wrong???!!!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Mr.Hash, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Ok i just stared my first grow well i actually took over a friends grow. He was using cfls as the light source. And he planted them in mirical grow. My two questions are is it ok to put these plants under my 400 hps or will they go into shock? And second is there anyway i can save these from that shitty miracle grow or have the effects already been done? He said that they are exactly at a month old and they all look really healthy but one and i dont know whats wrong with it could you guys help me by identifying the problem?

Here it is. I dont have a camera so hers pics with my phone sorry.

The leaves are just curling and they are really dry if you touch them they crumble and yet they are still green whats wrong?

Attached Files:

2. I don't know what's wrong but it's not the miracle grow because my plants are doing the same thing and they are in Fox farms ocean forest which is one of the best organic soils. I think it might be some micro nute defiency.

3. It is the MG soil. Your leaves and plants are getting over fertilized. Transplant out of that soil ASAP and they will improve.

4. Again, I agree with smokinvtec in that your plants look like there is a nutrient problem. If you're using either miracle grow OR fox farm (it really doesn't matter as there are nutrients added to both soils) DON'T add nutrients to your watering schedule for the first 2-3 weeks.
    Essentially, you are DOUBLE fertilizing a YOUNG plant...a plant which has roughly no tolerance to stress.
    If you haven't been adding nutrients to the H2O, then check your tap water pH. If it is like a lot of tap water (pH 8)...it is above the recommended level (pH 6-7). If this is the case, buy a cheap pH aquarium adjuster kit from a pet store and follow the instructions on the bottles to lower your tap water for straight h2o watering.
    Also you shouldn't have a "water schedule" quite yet. The pictures also resemble an overwatering problem...young plants often exhibit many symptoms. Wait until the upper inch or two of the soil crumbles to the touch to water.
    If none of what I've said works...then my name ain't Nathan Arizona.

5. Mine looks a lot like yours, only younger. (3wks)

Dry leaves, curled under. I have bad soil (turf king), and it was quoted as the reason. I use water from the tap (well water), and have no idea what my PH is. The new growth at the top of the plant is a light green, which I think is nute burn.

The plants looked great until about a week into the grow, then they turned like yours.