What the hell is on my cuttings

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by 2cent420, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Umm never in 16 years cloning have I seen this wot the hell is it

my cloner had microbe teabag and honey in water after h2o2

now I check this is wilted only cause I left clones off by mistake otherwise they was perky with this problem and all overs are fine this is the weakest one I yanked for analysys

it’s a jelly firm goob fixed I have to actually chop it off can’t pull it it’s part of the stem please tell me I’ve found visible fungi colonating haha

Attached Files:

2. B
    Bad or good lol
    Was told white is alrite brown is frown

I added my bennies that are for cuttings saved my hydro from root rot at high temps so I can’t see any harm here ?
    this is what’s in there with honey
    Do I ditch it or wait lol is this a mycorrhizae innoculation you want ? Could be furry white but it’s all wet so wouldn’t know lol

Analysis:-

Endomycorrhizae
    Glomus clarum
    G. intraradices
    G. mosseae
    G. deserticola
    G. monosporus
    G. brasilianum
    G. aggregatum
    Gigaspora margareta
    (6.4×10^4 spores/kg)

Ectomycorrhizae
    Rhizopogon amylpogon
    R. fulvigleba
    R. rubescans
    R. villosuli
    Laccarria laccata
    Pisolithus tinctorius
    Scleroderma spp
    (2.6×10^8 spores/kg)

Trichoderma
    Trichoderma hamatum
    T. harzianum
    T. koningii
    T. longibrachiatum
    T. reesei
    (each at 1.3×10^8 cfu/kg)

Bacillus
    Bacillus subtilis
    B. amyloliquefaciens
    B. licheniformis
    (each at 1.2×10^9 cfu/kg)
    B. brevis
    B. cirulans
    B. coagulans
    B. firmus
    B. halodenitrificans
    B. laterosporus
    B. megaterium
    B. mycoides
    B. pasteuri
    B. polymyxa
    (each at 6.8×10^8 cfu/kg)

3. Ok they are sprayed with em1 too so it could be a mother scoby symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast sign of a healthy bacterial environment when I make kombucha
    Does feel similar lol shael I wait n see

4. You used bennies in conjunction with hydrogen peroxide? :bang:

Next time try using a little magic in the rooting plugs or water.

5. Nah man I h202 before as I had a leaf drop in res and cause brown rot so cleaned h202 washed filled and ran 1% h202 to clean moving parts after just incase and jets etc
    Then after 24hrs the h202 has bubbles off totally wel it has in a few hours but 24 later it’s fine I mixed in my honey at 2% and add it with fulvic acid fulpower
    Any leftover h202 would instantly react off to that in form of oxygen but it didn’t as non left so I drop in my Bennie teabag which has kelp too water goes a nice brown

so naw h202 isn’t with bennies I’m not daft lol I cleaned with it I don’t normally but the last batch went slimy from the leaf so I had to clean it

there is no more brown slime but there is now what looks like Scoby mothers
    Makes me think tho cause it says mycelium makes up 70% of the root zone and inoculates the plant roots to help feed it in return for sugar
    Could this just be that ? Gues I’ll know when they die or root

• Like Like x 1
  6. Have you had a good success rate using this method before?

You also added honey and microbes to the water, might I ask why? Usually when cloning the idea is to keep it sterile. Sugar plus water plus bacteria, the problem there should be apparent.

Also just keep in mind you shouldn't use oxidizers such as peroxide, bleach, or pool shock in conjunction with fulvic products. The way you used it is probably fine, just something to keep in mind if you ever run a sterile res.

7. Always used bennies to root normalcy fishtails at day 6
    Never used honey cut I normally use iaa or iba for dipping and I didn’t have any this time
    Online says honey is sterile and full of every hormone iaa iba ga the lot and has basis minerals and nutes for plants to begin it also feed beneficial bacteria which if I’m adding them seems like a must normally I’d use mollasses but out of that too everything says root in honey dip in honey etc so can’t see why it be a problem lol
    Rooted years like this and faster than most peeps do in pellets growing a huge root system off them helps a lot when growing on

8. I'm guessing the honey fed the microbes, and one species was able to reproduce faster than the others.

I'd go back to what you know works if you don't have luck with these and need clones now.

Otherwise, if you have the resources to experiment, I'd do a side by side trial with the same number of clones from the same mothers, like 5 with bennies and 5 sterile, or some with clonex and others with aloe or honey, and see which one gives you a better success rate.