What The Heck Happened In CA?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dobro49, Sep 9, 2020.

1. So I just read a story on my local news on the east coast about 7 people getting murdered in Riverside County CA at a weed grow. I had no idea that the illegal market was so crazy in a legal state. That is a horrible tragedy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nothing new in California

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Check out Murder Mountain on Netflix, the outlaw weed biz in the emerald triangle aint no joke.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I put a link to the news story here in the veggie gardening thread - tragic.

Organic Vegetable Gardening

5. I have heard of this area and the dangers. I guess anytime money and jail time are possibilities are in play, it gets sticky.

6. Daughter #1 went to Humboldt State and as most college kids looking to make a quick buck spent some time up the hill trimming. It was all peace, love and weed at the first few family farms. Eventually she found her way to somewhere where they wanted the trimmers to be locked in for days on end and guys with guns patrolling fences. That was the end of that. It just one of those deals where it's great until it's not great and then one realizes the nightmare it could easily be.

7. Trimmers are disposable, and can be killed so they don't have to be paid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Its whole different world in humboldt especially in garberville/phillipsville/miranda. People from all over the world arrive just to be put to work. Its quite unique during this time of year. Image.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Thinning the herd.

10. I don't know that I would ever characterize people as disposable but I would agree that people get killed in the outlaw weed game. And that's not limited to trimmers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm confused are you applying that statement to trimmers specifically... or growers, or anyone involved in criminal grows, or people that grow or use cannabis?

12. I refer to the bad guys that carry that attitude.

• Like Like x 2
  13. There are definitely people with guns patrolling those farms. There have been a lot of tv shows about the Emerald triangle. There have been a lot more lately and they seem to show a lot of them starting around now through the end of October - harvest season. The feds are still going around with helicopters looking for illegal grows on public lands.

I bet a lot of cannabis farmers lost everything with the fires going on.

• Like Like x 1
  14. No doubt.

Future Cannabis Project (Youtube) had a couple of charity seed auctions this week with some interesting and small release gear from MeanGene, Bodhi and others. I don't know if they plan on having any more but I'm keeping an eye on that.

• Like Like x 1