What the f*** am I doing wrong??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by The_Green_Goblin, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Yea, it is. But trust me, an Australian summer is not something to think is all beaches and paradise. People die here in their homes from overheating. The temps can reach into the high 30's for weeks at a time, even pushing as far as 45 degrees. Add to that, 80+% humidity and you feel like you can't breathe outside...

I'm a snow guy. Been in it once for a few months. Americans thought I was nuts. Walking around in shorts and a hoodie.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1353063-mars-1200w-auto-grow-silver-haze-white-lsd.html

2. Just read through all of this, and this is what I was thinking from the beginning...surprised no one else mentioned it.

I do think temps may be part of your problem, based on my last grow where temps were getting up into the upper 80s and low 90s on the regular (note to self - a 400w in a wing reflector is a bad idea for a 20x30x60 space) and I got 30g of feathery, fluffy, airy bullshit buds off of my plant. Probably would have been double that had I had temps under control. Is your hood air cooled?

But on the early chop, I've usually read that the breeder guidelines on flower times are under IDEAL conditions and are usually short by 1-2 weeks or more. Are you using a loupe to check trichs? Or just your eyes? I know I can't see trichs with my naked eyes....and the hairs is not what you're watching for amber %.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I'm not a HID user. I use LED's. So there's no good, and the lights have 4 and 2 fans each for cooling respectively.

Temps today maxed out at 83. That's about normal. The twin light tent is around 81. Trying to get the photos to stretch in veg a bit so that's upwards towards 84-85.

Heat waves around 88... Only last a few days and have only had one

I use a 50-500x microscope to view the trichs.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1353063-mars-1200w-auto-grow-silver-haze-white-lsd.html

• Like Like x 1
  4. My bad, I read the first post as using HID and LED *together*...not that you had tried HID and were on to LED now. Well that blows my theory.

5. Same here dude. My thinking is they just hadn't swelled yet. I'm gonna let the plant I have no go as long as it possibly can, checking trichs every 2-3 days.

Can stress or maybe even using more nutes than I should could cause the plant stress and the existing trichs to degrade quicker?

Sounds like central Florida.

I forgot to ask. How close to you keep the LED to the plants? Personally I found that I get better results with the LED 2-3 ft above the plants than I did with it at 18".

7. Mine are about 14 inches away...

I am getting a little bleaching on the tips so I will raise them tomorrow by double the lights go off in 20 so it's useless changing now... But I will raise them and see how it goes :)

8. When the temp gets hot make sure you use less nutrients because the plants will take up more water and become burned. I keep my ph at 6.8 to 7 all the way through in soil. When the temp goes up I crank up my co2 level to offset the heat. I also make sure my pots aren't completely dry when I harvest. Keeps them from dehydrating and weighing in like a feather. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
    I agree with all of this, but I would still let pots get 'nearly' completely dry to keep the roots healthy.

I definitely run weaker nutrients  when it's hot than when temps are cooler.

A lot of CO2 users say that temps need to be higher for the plant to fully utilize the extra CO2.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Little doucher ^^

11. Why would you not grow outside in your climate?

12. I never really use string nutes anyway. I have an 85% mix of all I need, and I put about 3L of that in, and 3L of fresh PH'd water into the watering can and then I water my ladies. The strength is always around 40-50% strength because of the climate here and how hot it gets.

I don't have co2 nor can I afford it.

13. The diy milk jug co2 work great actually. And really cheap. I have this nasty smelling fly trap that you add water too and hang it raises the co2 in my room quite a bit. But it does smell like old socks

14. Are you running your lights at night or daytime? I have my dark period in the middle of the day when it's at it's hottest.

What is the difference in temperature between inside the tent and outside the tent? If there isn't much difference then recirculating it won't solve much, but if there is a big difference then your exhaust system needs reevaluating.

Drawing cool air from outside the garage in to the garage might be all you need to cool things. Do you have an exhaust or intake directly linking the inside of the tent to the outside of the garage?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Its illegal nearly everywhere in the world u numbskull. I was merely suggesting you try and find somewhere secluded and private and let mothet nature do her thing

• Like Like x 2
  16. #60 killset, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    have you ever gotten a meter and took reading or are you just guessing? I thought it helped once too, until an experienced co2 grower brought over his meter and showed me what a joke it was. I was using highly active brewers yeast in a sealed environment. Homemade setups do not maintain the co2 levels high enough or for long enough periods of time, to take advantage of co2 enrichment. I wouldn't even call it enrichment after what he showed me. What he taught me is that the co2 wasn't improving my grows, it was me learning how to grow that was improving my grows. I'll do ci2 someday, but after seeing the truth, it will be done right and not half assed

• Like Like x 2