What the!?...5 week flower cycle?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by spudbudd420, Feb 5, 2011.

1. #1 spudbudd420, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
    I have an 15 plant indoor medical grow going. I used (2) 1000W MH's for vegging (4 weeks), then switched to (2) 1000W HPS's and added an additional 1000W MH. The plants are now only 5 weeks into flowering, and appear to be ready for harvest. Here are some pics... Just wondering if this unusual or if I did something wrong. I keep the temp range at 65 at night and up to 90 in the day (average daytime temp 86-88), humidity at 40-55% (average 48%). 18 hour veg, 12/12 flower. 3 gallon pots & dirt. Foxfarm nutes (Growbig & Tiger Bloom). Also, I believe the strains are: Sour Diesel, MK Ultra, and N.L Skunk (though i'm unsure of what variety)

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Ssx8CN06esBGGdNyKOYzOU2d4a35jsXdnz4vlgxubww?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GR8XalkYPZOscSV8gcLTx02d4a35jsXdnz4vlgxubww?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Do3Bfuw6gfqRJ3S6nsjDtE2d4a35jsXdnz4vlgxubww?feat=directlink

2. They are close but I would let them go another week....can't really zoom in enough to see trichs but the pistels could get sucked in some more and maybe a little more bud swelling could happen still for my tastes. Looks lucious tho! Nice job!

3. Thanks, TANKJR. What has me going is that on some of the branches of some of the plants more than half of the hairs have turned red, which was the old school way of telling when it was time. What do you think of selectively cropping branches/tops that appear to be ready? Also, is such a rapid flowering common?
    Thanks again, TANKJR.

4. Sure, nothing wrong with a staggered harvest...I do it all the time cuz I like different highs for different moods or ailments as the case may be, plus it tends to fatten up the smaller buds a little better maximizing yield...it's not all that unusual for some strains to be done in 6-8 weeks, especially with the amount of light you got there...more and more so these days as they seem to breed for speed lately

5. give it another week or two.

6. I just finished up a 600hps/400mh medical grow and i was confused 5 weeks in thinking they looked ready, but i checked the trichomes and they definitely needed more time. Maybe the metal halide makes the hairs turn brown faster or something.

7. my sour deisels take a good ten weeks. so id say a little early, look at your trichs with a microscope , I like 50/50/ amber to cloudy

8. Thanks, guys...looks like another week or two. I am gonna get a jewelers loupe and start checking the tris, too. Never too old to learn!

9. you get different highs with different trich colors too. On a new strain I will pick a few buds at all cloudy, then some at 50/50 cloudy to amber, then again about 75% amber. after that I know for next time what Point I like it the besteach stage will give you a different buzz.