what temperature does alcohol evaporate?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by drugaddict666, Nov 20, 2016.

1. so im wondering what temperature iso alcohol evaporates. like will it evaporate at 1 degree celcius? or do i need to warm it up?

2. try a google search , that is how I would find out , but alas I am too lazy right now

• Like Like x 2
  3. :lmafoe:

ONLY DICKIE......FOR ME......ONLY DICKIE.......:judge:

:passing-joint::passing-joint::passtheshit:

4. it will evaporate slowly but surely im sure

• Like Like x 1
  5. if we're talking about hashmaking, do not add heat.

• Like Like x 2
  6. obviously, im not gonna waste my time and ask here if its something i can figure out with google, and i dont know who would. google is of no help at all, i look it up and all people say is that alcohol evaporates at room temperature because they think people are wondering how hot you need to cook it for the alcohol to evaporate. i cant find anything about the actual temperature it starts evaporating.

7. Google ; The boiling point of acetone is 132.8 degrees fahrenheit. Most rubbing alcohol is made out of isopropyl alcohol or ethyl alcohol. Both evaporate at about the same temperature at 180 degrees fahrenheit. Water is made up of many hydrogen bonds and many of these bonds must be broken before water can be evaporated.Dec 9, 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Don't believe everything you read though

9. It does evaporate above absolutle zero. Even in it's ice form. How fast is determined by the temp ;).

But in its liquid form it evaporates at any ground temp on earth

• Like Like x 2
  10. When making green dragon tincture, I have found that 198 proof alcohol starts to boil off at approx. 176 degrees Fahrenheit based on my thermometer.

• Like Like x 2
  11. 180F
    It will satrt to boil at approx 174.5 and roll at 180
    stay at 180

• Like Like x 1
  12. If you are trying to reduce alcohol down make sure you do not use open flame (gas burner)
    Use electric in double boiler
    High proof alcohol will explode or flash fire if exposed to open flame while in gaseous state

• Like Like x 1
  13. Perhaps we should lead with this next time, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  14. alchohol evaporates much much lower than 180 Fahrenheit that is the boiling point, thanks for all the responses. im talking about making oil to smoke. i dont want to heat it up, more just wondering if its even possible for the alcohol to evaporate at a low temprature.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 Basexmvnt_, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017