What Temp should i set my new Vaoprizer too?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by CSn0w, Nov 20, 2010.

1. i've never used one, so what temperatue should i set it at? it's a Digi.

2. Digi-Vapor Herbal Vaporizer

You can't use the digital readout to set temp because it is totally inaccurate.

3. Its a $250 vaprizer, it better be accurate T_T what temp would you reccomend? If it was just a knob?

4. #4 lwien, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    It's NOT accurate and it surly is not worth anywhere near 250.00. Did you read that copy in the link that I posted up.

Ok, so being that there is no way in hell to accurately give you a temp recommendation using that vape, the best thing that you can do is to go by how the bud looks after you vape it. If it's black or ash, either turn the temp down or inhale faster. If the bud still looks green, either inhale slower or turn the temp up. If the bud is a shade of brown, about the color of tobacco, you are in the correct vape temp zone.

But the best advice that I can give you is to get rid of that piece of crap and get yourself a good vape. You can do that for less than a 100 bucks if you want.

5. Yes, but i didnt even order that nrand, but if it dwlivers THC to my lungs, im not going to complain

6. #6 lwien, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    Well, if just delivering THC to your lungs is all that's important to you, why in the hell get a vape in the first place. Just use a toilet paper roll with some tin foil.

I'm done..........enjoy what ya got.

7. around 155-170

8. #8 lwien, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2010
    That is NOT the ideal vape range. Way too low.

In Celsius you want to be between 175 to 195 in order to get as much of the full compliment of THC,CBD and CBN's without the nasty stuff like carbon monoxide, benzine and other toxic crap that happens as you reach combustion temps.

9. i goto 210c for my extreme q get everything up to cbd and not cbn which kinda makes you feel messed up,cbn vapes at 212c
    flash points: CBD 206.3C, CBN 212.7C, THC 149.3C

10. #10 lwien, Nov 21, 2010
    The following is a complete list of all the good stuff found in cannabis, for those that are interested. Anything above 380F (196C), and you start getting the toxic shit that you really don't want. It's all a trade off. The best thread that I have seen on this topic can be found here:
    http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2197
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ∆-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
    Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
    Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
    Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
    Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

cannabigerol (CBG)
    Boiling point: MP52
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

∆-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (∆-8-THC)
    Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Resembles ∆-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
    Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

ß-myrcene
    Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

ß-caryophyllene
    Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
    Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
    Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone
    Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
    Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

a-pinene
    Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

a-terpineol
    Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol
    Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
    Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin
    Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin
    Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A
    Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

ß-sitosterol
    Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor

11. boiling point is different than point of combustion and also its not too low you put it up high thats when you smoke all that garbage so there is no reason to go over 175

12. #12 lwien, Nov 21, 2010
    Wrong again. The reason to go over 175 is to be able to get a fuller compliment of CBD/CBN's. If one is using MJ for medical purposes such as sleep disorders or pain management, one MUST go over 175 in order to receive the benefits.

I will repeat, the toxic shit that you are referring to really starts to begin to have an impact at 193 with a smokey taste and smell, and then releasing toxins at 200C and above.

Stating that there is no reason to go over 175 is total bullshit. Please get your facts straight before posting up crap that could really get in the way from people getting the desired benefit from the herb that they are vaping.

Again, I strongly urge those that are interested in vaping temps to read the thread that I posted above along with this quote from the this link:
    http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v11n1/11120gie.html

"The vaporizer produced THC at a temperature of 200 C. (392 F.) while completely eliminating three measured toxins - benzene, a known carcinogen, plus toluene and naphthalene. Temperatures of around 200 C. appear to be most efficient for vaporization. The potency of the cannabis in the study was on the order of 10% - 12%. Significant amounts of THC (around 5%-6%) begin to be released at 180 C., with slightly more (7% or 8%) at 200 C. Carbon monoxide and smoke tars were both qualitatively reduced by the vaporizer, but additional testing is needed to quantify the extent of the decrease.

Also, this:

"In 2007, a study by University of California, San Francisco published in the Official Journal of the American Academy of Neurology[4] examined the effectiveness of a vaporizer that heats cannabis to a temperature between 180 C (356 F) and 200 C (392 F) degrees and found:
    Using CO as an indicator, there was virtually no exposure to harmful combustion products using the vaporizing device. Since it replicates smoking's efficiency at producing the desired THC effect using smaller amounts of the active ingredient as opposed to pill forms, this device has great potential for improving the therapeutic utility of THC."

I can post up more studies if you wish, but I think the two above, that came to the same conclusions and yet totally independent from one another, should suffice.

13. 190C

Its what my Iolite runs at and it does a awesome job.

Also as lwien suggested, please do some research re: digi vapes.

14. The Purple Days, one of the most respected vapes in the marketplace also operates at 190C.

15. Damn this is the first thread I've seen piss off Iwen.

This vape must SUCK if he has nothing positive at all to say about it. You can definitely tell if you should raise or lower the temp by looking at the leftovers.

16. LOL. Believe me, darkrom, this isn't first time. Usually happens when I don't get my coffee fix in the morning. ;)

17. btw, the vape works perfectly, it hasnt gotten to hot. and you can see the vapors in the tube (like clear heat waves) and after we're done, the weed is a tobacco color.

18. Thats good to hear.

Does it provide a nice amount of vapor?

Also the high should be a lot more intense than smoking a J...

But as said earlier, 190c is a good temp.

19. yeah, we vaped about 2 bowls between two people, and not knowing how intense it would be, (i've gotten more fucked up off of Edibles i ate almost an entire batch of brownies one time) but i would say Vaping is #2 on my list for most intense high.

btw, i dont advise eating an entire batch of brownies though, i got really fucking baked, then sick :(