What temp for seedlings?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Laceylee420, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Hey guys, Yesterday I moved my germinated seeds into FFOF soil in black dixie cups under a t5 fluorescent light. A couple questions:

1. I have a small fan at the bottom of the tent to circulate air, is this good or bad for seedlings?

2. My temp with the light on is about 77f and humidity 38%, are these okay for their growth? If not what should I do to change it?

3. I have the light about 12 inches above the dixie cups, I have ten of them, is this too far from the cups? I dont want them to stretch since the t5 doesnt give off too much heat. Also the light cycle i'm using is 18/6 but I heard new seedlings should sometime be under 24 hr lighting, they havent even broken soil yet since its only been a day, but any answers or suggestions would be super helpful to me. Thanks!

2. temps are fine. rh could be higher but it will still grow. lower light as much as u can without sacrificing coverage. always use 24 thru veg. no need for sleep

3. Thanks alot, how would you suggest getting the rh higher? And would i start an 18/6 light cycle at all during veg? Maybe after I transplant into 3gal pots in about 3-4 weeks? By that point i will have a 600w mh in there.

4. you have everything good except your lamps are too far away. get them within a couple of inches of the tops of the plants. I find 18/6 works as good as 24/0 so I always have 18/6 as the extra electricity usage seems a waste. I like to keep my plants between 20-28'c and 30-60% humidity. a fan blowing 24/0 is extremely important for plants any any size

5. Thank you. How long would you say I keep the babies in the keg cups? They've been in there a week, theyre in black on black cups so I cant see their root systems, but I want to make sure they get enough time before I transplant to 3gal. Thanks again I appreciate the input

6. I usually transplant them out of red solo cups on their 3-5th node.