what temp do you vape at?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by SteveP, Aug 28, 2009.

1. i have one of those digital wooden wedge lookin vapes "vaporite" to be exact, and I vape at around 320-335 and im thinkin thats the wrong temp, so my question is what temp. do you guys vape at?

ps. i only smoke/vape mids, gross i know

2. humm i vape from anywhere from 300 -330.

i liek a little smoke it my vapers yummmm

3. hm i only get smoke if i vape above 350, which i havent done since the day i got it, anyone else got opinions?

4. How long are you waiting?

5. i usualy put it anywhere between 320 and 330, wait ten mins, try and take a hit on the whip, if i get anything i put the whip in the bong and hit about 10 -15 times then turn it off, then stir the tan/brown shit left over and put it in a jar for when im out

6. I have a vapor bros vaporizer and i set the dial to about 12 o'clock n let it heat up for about 5 minutes and youll get nice thick vapor :smoke:

7. i thought vapor was not suppose to be thick?

8. It's going to be different for everyone with different types of vapes.

Try asking people with the same type of vaporizer that you have. (if you don't know the name of it, find a link to the place that you bought it or similar one)

9. Well for my vape you have to have the temperature jacked to get a milky bag. It's around 220*C i think that's around 430*F. THC is extracted at like 150*C (give or take a few 10s) and other cannibinoids at like 210-215*C

10. Anyone have a hot box vaporizer? it doesn't have any kind of dial to change the temp. you just have to learn the correct way to use it. Which I think I'm doing wrong. lol.

any help on the hot box would be greatly appreciated !

11. Ideal vape range is between 365 to 395f. But good luck trying to find the right temp on those Vaporites. Those Chinese knock-off vapes have temp controllers that are not only inaccurate, but fluctuate like crazy.

12. Fast hard draws = lower temp
    Long slow draws = higher temp

Vapes like a pretty fine grind of fairly dry bud.

13. wow i always thought that if you drew hard hits, its hotter. but if you draw it slower its not as hot. hmm. just seemed a little more logical. can anyone else with a hot box vouch for this?

i grind it up pretty fine.

14. #14 lwien, Aug 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2009
    It is true for all whip and direct draw vapes, not just the hot box.

I know that it seems counter-intuitive because it is just the opposite as with smoking but when you're vaping and draw fast and hard, you are pulling in more cold air over the vaped buds, therefore vaping them at a cooler temp. When you draw slower, you are drawing less cold air over the vaped buds, therefore vaping them at a higher temp. Hope that makes sense.

edit: btw, Marley, I NEVER give out inaccurate advice when it comes to vapes. ;)