What Supplies Do You Always Buy At The Hydroponics Store?

Discussion in 'General' started by DTM420, Aug 17, 2014.

1. I am opening an indoor growing and hydroponics store and am wondering what things people buy that we dont already carry.

I am buying out some inventory from another store thats closing and can see already whats been on the shelf for 2 years that no one wants. 

I do not want to stock items I "think" might sell, but items I know will sell.

There is so much new product out all the time and they are all similar variations of everything else. So in this regard I was thinking of staying with a few main lines so we can still get warranty and damaged goods taken care of by the reps.

So tell me what you buy on a regular basis and not once a year.

2. #3 Enigma, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    Also you're gonna have a bad time if you only sell the most common items because people come in looking for something specific and you only have the same stuff everyone else does. Stock everything and see what's hot and adjust inventory to that. I hate going to a specialty shop and them not having what I need. That's where you lose customers to online sales. Learn to business.

3. everyone buys a coffee and munchies even if they buy no growing supplies. got a countertop fridge coming for energy drinks for all the "tired" customers

4. There's no reason to go to a B&M if you're not gonna price competitively and not have speciality items in stock. It would be easier to get it half the price online and get exactly what you need. Probably why the last dude failed.

5. the problem with specialty items is you dont make money off them unless you can move quantity. Anything can be spec ordered and have within 24 hours and still sell for msrp. So getting customers anything they want isnt a prob I just can have money tied up on something that wont sell in 2 months.