What style of music..

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Hemp Knight, Nov 14, 2002.

1. i like so many different styles of music. opera, classical, hardcore, metal, raggae, very little rap, some country, atmospheric, techno... the list goes on and on. some of my favorite bands include:

pink floyd
    bob marley
    punishment
    finger 11
    a life once lost
    the end (before the original singer left)
    arson
    god forbid
    metallica
    bjork
    leann rimes
    heinous anus (before the singer left)
    pray for rain
    this day forward
    poison the well
    no one
    walls of jericho

mostly bands no one's ever heard of. lol.

2. My personal favorites are RAP and JAZZ it may seem weird but they are both really cool....but mostly for Shwag its RAP and for hydro its JAZZ...

3. Wow, I opened this post thinking how Sublime is definitely my favorite music to listen to while stoned, and low and behold, many people seem to agree. Sublime kicks ass. I like to listen to a lot of other music, mostly rap, but Sublime is by far definitely my favorite band of all time. Cool. Thanks.

-viperware-

4. metal, classical, jazz, some blues, old rock,

my favorites:

Dream Theater
    Metallica
    Megadeth
    Fates Warning
    Iron Maiden
    Queensryche
    Jason Becker
    Eric Johnson
    Slayer
    Tony MacAlpine
    Yngwie Malmsteen

5. and i thought i was the only one!!!!!

6. i believe that the music you listen to had to coinside with your high, or what kind of high you are trying to establish. if you smoke some alright shit that makes you tired and sleepy, then you dont want to be blastin the hip hop or the techno (two of my personal favorites for the good high)

7. I like just about anything, I could probably find a song I like in any genre (yes even country if i looked hard enough)

But when i'm stoned I really like listening to hip hop

Just the flow of words and how they make it sound right by rappers like Eminem,Biggie, and Big Pun just awes me.

I also like classical, especially Mozart, just an unexplainable serenity about it.

Then the good old classic rock, Hendrix, Floyd, and Zeppelin atop the list.

8. Loooove hip hop, and some rock.

Best shit to blaze to in my opinion is Hieroglyphics.

Also love smokin to Portishead, real chill stuff, just ordered their live CD.

Now just gotta find some bud ... :)

9. I like techno more when I'm gone for some reason. Classical music is also really sweet and atmospheric. Especially piano solos.

One time this girl who's house I was at started playing spanish music, which I ordinarily wouldn't have liked, but it was so good when I was fucked up.

10. i listen to everything from lil' wayne to job for a cowboy to bob marley. just depends on my mood/how high i am.

11. Flaming Lips are always a nice choice. :smoking:

12. buncha stuff... good metal like children of bodom and many others, good punk music, good hardcore muisc, a lot of dif types of rock, real hip hop like wu tang and nas.

13. everything thats not shit :laughing:

14. to be honest, i only listen to hip-hop. USA and UK Hip-hop, love the stuff :D

I used to be into drum and bass but i only listen to that when i'm rushin lol.

15. anything I can vibe to, doesn't matter what... but it depends on my mood, whether I wanna tune into the sound and lyrics or tune out to a nice beat.

16. My flavor of music is hip hop/rap, but none of this new garbage. I still think method man is one of the best lyricists.

The cds that are in my 6 disc in the car (and normally stay there)

clipse - hell hath no fury
    wu-tang-36 chambers
    nas - it was written
    jay z - reasonable doubt
    lost boyz - legal drug money
    Big l- the big picture

i like rap when the lines are on point, easy to listen to, and i grew up with these artists (cept clipse).

i personally cant stand lil wayne too much anymore.

eminem is great to when hes serious.

and if rap gets old/im carpooling and people dont want to hear this shit its either the jazz station, or classic rock...and i got a crapton of reggae cds in there from some girl i met a few weeks ago.

17. I listen to pretty much everything...however, favourites are Ska (Ska Core, Ska Punk, etc.), Hardcore, Punk, Post Rock, Hip Hop, and Classic Rock.