What style do you like at the bottom of your tube?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by HuskyToker, May 24, 2009.

1. #1 HuskyToker, May 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2009
    Meh, got myself an 18" blue illadelph on friday. was about to buy a beaker bottom and then at the last minute decided on straight tube.
    Just wondering what the majority of bong users on here prefer.

My reason for liking the straight tubes is that they have less drag and clear faster than bubble or beaker bottoms and they seem to be less "tippy" than a lot tubes ive seen with beaker/bubble bottoms

By the way I'm soooooo impressed by the illadelph, I was about to buy a HVY perc but i'm glad i didnt. I really am not a huge perc fan, a diffused downstem + ice is all you need.

2. i also like a straight tube. ive only ripped a straight illy once but i LOVED it, it is such a great tube i wanna get one for myself eventually

3. I currently have a straight tube but my next one will prolly be a beaker bottom. I've never hit one but looks like something I would like.

4. I have a beaker illy and a straight tube, I prefer the straight.

5. yea man this illy is my first name brand piece. like a true smoking guru can notice the intricacies that make the name brand pieces hit better. I love the way my straight illy clears, its really fast

6. Nice ive got a straight blue label Illa too, it depends on how tall it is and wether it has a perc and such. Like usually i would never buy a beaker/bubble because of the drag, but my 14" 5 arm Lux is a beaker bottom and I love it, with the straight version i wouldnt be able to take such big hits, since its so short i needed the extra volume. Above 14 inches im going witha straight.

7. heh yea I would love to get a 14" lux. its the only perc'd bong i really want.

8. I wanted one for so long before i finally got it, and its so smooth I use it pretty much every day now. Sorry to say the Illadelph has been collecting dust for some time, but im gonna break it out soon once i get an inline a/c.

9. Haha picked me up the straight tube blue label 18" illy friday too! Pretty impressed by it so far.

10. I'm a science geek so I gotta go with the beaker bottom :D.

11. Straight tubes are my favorite. I like the fact that they are more balanced and that they have very little drag.

12. Straight tubes are definitely the way to go.
    They have the fastest clear, which I personally just thinks feels good compared to the airy hits of a bubble or beaker.

Look into US Tubes, you will definitely get what you pay for.

13. Most all of my initial Roor's were beakers. I like the shaping of them, and still enjoy using them from time to time but straight tubes are where it's at. Fixed stem and stemless straight tubes mainly :).

14. beaker bottom :)

15. I love Beaker bottoms! The hit great! Other then that id go for a straight tube.

16. I've smoked only out of a bubble bottom, and straight tube.
    Personally, I like both, but I love the straight tube mannn.

17. I personally like beakers the best simply because they feel the most durable when transporting/using. As for looks I think the plain straight tubes are the sleekest/classiest. But thats just my 2 cents.