What strain?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Aendru, May 3, 2017.

1. I'm about to start growing, so if anyone knows a couple strains that are potent, have great yield and is indica please reply.

2. Go something simple like OG Kush or some Northern Lights honestly. No need to get ridiculously fancy genetics for a first grow

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. yea Northern lights is good for first growers ,,as is Aghani ...Big Bud is one i first started with ,,and Shiva Shanti#2 /Aurora Indica .or Blue Mystic ,,,,,all easy start with ....mac

• Like Like x 2
  4. Get some Blueberry or watermelon...wicked tasting and a nice high.
    Watermelon is 80% and Blueberry is 75% indica.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  5. GDP

• Like Like x 2
  6. Second on the Northern Lights

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. You want to be blown away with some yeilds. Find a chemdawg. Was my first plant, had nugs the size of water bottles under a 250w. Im still looking for another

• Like Like x 2
  8. Would blackberry and blueberry be decent strains to start with? I know blackberry is a hybrid but that's fine, as long as it ain't pure sativa. Also to "breed" strains or whatever do you just put a male and a female together? I'd like to try to mix the two strains, just not entirely sure how yet. I know how to look for what sex the plants are and shit btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wow..you're really new to this.
    The objective is to have females...only female product bud.
    Yeah you can totally put two strains in the same room.
    Blueberry is also a hybrid.
    When you see a plants thats 75%indica...normally the other part is sativa and or ruderalis for autos.
    Do mean when you say to "mix the two strains"...do you mean genetically?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Had great luck with Blueberry on grow #2. Smaller yield than NL though. Got two blues that just went into soil this week. Can be a fine strain.

• Like Like x 1
  11. And don't rush on the cross breeding. There's too many great strains already out there. If you're growing to grow you should be using femenized seeds anyway to cut down on wasted space and time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Northern lights for sure. Top 3 for me and always will be.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Try growing purple kush. Super high THC rating.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 Aendru, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
    Yes genetically, to get seeds though wouldn't you need a male and a female? And I would only use males for that, otherwise I would just snip clones from a mother. I knew that females only produce bud. Wasn't worried about them being in the same room.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I wont cross breed right away, they'll grow together and shit but once I'm use to it and I've done it a couple times then I will.

• Like Like x 2