What strain will grow in my area

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ParanormalSmoke, Jun 29, 2013.

1. I'm as new as it gets and I was wondering what seeds would be best for my area. The Area I live in has very difficult conditions, I wondering if there are any good places I could buy single seeds that grow well in extreme conditions, The soil in my area is 50/50 clay, also know as white clay, and it can get very dry during the summer and VERY Hot, I got a area thats well cooled by the shade (I know you have to cut a tree down to let light in) but the air is also very dry, what plant is good for my area?

2. #2 austyn12, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
    Any. Some harder then others if your new start with indicas . Go to this site http://www.gorilla-cannabis-seeds.co.uk/feminized-seeds?currency=USD&page=10 and go to types and beginner or do auto flowers strains on that site nirvina or attuide ..best sites..attuide has one seed at timr like gorilla..if your worry about smell do auto flowers or northen lights x big bud.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I think cacti would do very nice in  your area. :ey:

You had better do some research into how to amend soils.  You're going to have a really hard time growing in that clay.

4. yeah I'm thinking of taking out a fair amount and filling it with good soil, and which strains are cheap and easy to grow, I was thinking afgan, also I'm in canada so I'm looking for a canadian company, to save weeks of waiting, in order for me to harvest before late november... which is to late as thats when the frost usually hits.

5. and it's predicted to be a wet summer this year as last year was very dry

6. mix ya soil in but keep some clay break it down as clay is a good source of silcon i believe which will keep your plants strong.

7. aha like a gift in desgise. Oh and the area I'm planning growing on is heavily forested.

8. I have grown in my backyard clay soil lots of times. I just dig down about 3-4 feet and turn the soil before planting. The soil has enough nutes in it already. The southern California sun can be relentless on sativas though. Indicas do fine in the hot sun. You never mentioned what area of the world you live in.

9. Southern Ontario, more specifically, Greater Napanee Area

10. ... canada simply put