What Strain Am I Growing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by polandtown, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Hi all,

I was recently talked into growing a batch of seeds from an associate of mine. He doesn't know the strain type. Currently befuddled myself, I was looking for some input from yall. What strain is this? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. well no one is going to know for 100% sure what strain that is.someone might be able to tell you if its indica or sativa though

3. there is absolutely no reason for you to give a fuck at all. i swear im not bein negative but you got some gorgeous somewhat spread out plants and in a few months you will be smokin good as hell. so fuck what theyre called. theyre called ganja:smoke:

4. I hear ya T-bone, im just Worried about height right now and don't want some massive Ak-47 lookalike growing in my closet (even thought that would be jehmazzzing) :). So I have been playing with the idea of beginning flowering right now. I know it wont yield the same without vegging, but again the height..

5. Yeah, no one will be able to give you a positive ID on the strain, but you'll be able to tell whether it's indica or sativa dominant. Personally I'm thinking indica dom because those are some pretty fat leaves. Are you only using one cfl light?

6. I'm using two, at 65watts, 1700 lumens.

7. I'm not sure how your setup is but move one light directly above each plant if they're not already. It looks like in your third pic that you have one in the middle. Then lower the light to be about 2'' from the tops. They won't burn. They're looking just a bit stretchy. Also you still might have time to lst them, I've never done it myself yet though.

8. While you could never know unless you knew/ordered them from the breeder, I'm going to go ahead and say indica dominant, at least 75 percent, its got the fat indica leaves. If it was sativa dominant the leaves would be much thinner.

9. A bro how much did you spend on your grow box and can you take a picture of it.

10. |st? I'm not familiar with the term. And thanks for the info on the stretching, was worried that was the case.

11. Here are some picture of my growspace, wouldn't call it a box, nothing fancy.

Attached Files:

12. Thats what I was suspecting too, thanks.

13. i dont kno shit about indoor growing lol but my brother told me the other day that if you cut off the top bud then they will spread out and not grow so tall:confused:
    but then again hes a dick so he mighta been bullshittin me:mad: either way im not sure cuz i grow outside:cool:

14. No sir he wasnt bull shitting you. Theres a sticky at the top of the Absolute Beginners page I think (might be general indoor growing), about Topping/Fimming, and LST.

OP since its indica dominant you probably wont have to worry about height. But if you did you could do both of the above mentioned methods.

Also, You might want to get more lights because you only have 2 and im guessing you looked at the equivalent wattage to incandescent lights, and not the real wattage.

---- it is in the beginners section, go read them.

15. That's how im a do mine in my closet looks good aslong as your plant is healthy that's all that matters.Why spend hundreds of dollars when you can improvise and make plants just as good.Anyway can you help me set mine up like yours plzzzz.Im a newbie when it comes to growing.But im tired of fattening other peoples pocket when I can grow my ownn.

16. 4eva... As i have, throw some pics up from your grow site. As others have done for me, they will critique and give advice. I wouldn't ask me, I don't know much :/.

17. Its cannabis, after it starts budding ill tell you if its indica or sativa or a cross.