what sort of yield can i expect with....?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bisco_trip, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Just because I could not get a good yeild off 8 plants under a 400W lamp does not mean you will have the same results. No offense taken.

I can't give a good answer to that question. I have never tried using multiple lamps so I don't understand the dynamics of it.

If I did do it, I would spread them out and hang each lamp to the correct height over the tops of the plants. 250W and 400W lamps need to be placed at different heights. So I would place one or two plants under the 250W and three to four plants under the 400W using this chart:
    [​IMG]

2. Thanks man. That chart kicks ass. I have my 250 watt about 15 inches above my one lone plant Im am growing now (my first grow). My 400 watt ballast and bulb are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow as of the latest tracking info. Maybe I should lower my 250 down more I guess. The only thing is if I put my hand face down about two or three inches above my plant, I can feel the heat from the bulb and I read that you are suppose to not feel any heat and that is optimum distance.

3. $69

[​IMG]

Heat sucks.​

4. anyone else have a 400W light that gives out 58,000 lumens and have 8 plants or close to it?

5. keep adding people...

6. i thought about it and im going to be getting a 600W hps with 95,000 lumens for the 8 plants and not the 400. now anyone know what sort of yield i will have?

7. No one can say what yeild you will get. I have always grown with a 400W lamp, but my yeild and cycle time has changed alot in the past years. My first closet grow yeilded next to nothing, and what I did get was hardly worth smoking.

Your yeild will have alot to do with the plant type, DNA, the type of grow (hydro, soil), your grow room setup, and most of all your skill as a grower.

So my guess is between 2 pounds and 2 grams.

8. i grew 8 white widows a year or so ago... yielded 24 ounces from a 400 watt through veg and half of flowering, the second half of flowering, i got a hold of a 1000 watt...

9. Thats quite odd..
    I've never heard of yielding in veg lol
    Btw OP 600wt setups are just as expensive as 1000wts in some cases.
    Might as well listen to buddy up there^ and invest!