what sort of yield can i expect with....?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bisco_trip, Aug 15, 2007.

1. i bought 8 seeds: ultra skunk, mazar, blueberry, isis, orange bud, strawberry cough, white widow, and super haze. all feminised by Dutch Passion.

i am getting a 400W hps/mh converted light. what size yield would you expect to get from 8 plants and a 400W converted light?

also, what is the best type of soil to buy if i was to go to liek lowes, home depot, or a flower store liek stranges?

please give me even some idea of a rough estimate...

2. i get anywhere from 40-60 grams or sometimes more with those types of seeds, but outdoors..
    dunno bout indoor

3. Sorry i wont be much help here, but i have grown a blueberry plant and it yeilded me 2oz of really nice weed,and it was outdoors in a semi-warm country. Indoor with 400w HPS can easily double that, so enjoy your very nice blueberry and other strains which i'm sure will be very nice. :)

4. Well, with 8 plants and a 400w.. I would say around a half pound would be kinda accurate, given you veg them for a couple weeks before they flower... But bro, let me beeseech you, I would not recommend going to home depot for soil.. I am not even a soil grower, I do hydro, but I did an outdoor this year and I used Happy Frog soil from the hydro store... I ran out though and had to get soil from homedepot real quick when the hydro store was closed.. BIG MISTAKE. the plants in happyfrog did GREAT and are HUGE, the plants in the supersoil from homedepot didn't do anything.. I think the ph was off and just screwed things up.. I transplanted to happyfrog when I went to bigger pots and they kinda took off but were still lagging from that damn supersoil.. moral, buy 10$ a bag soil, like foxfarm or happyfrog.. it's worth the extra 4 bucks!
    Good luck though, happy growing!

5. Thats a good tip there...something as small as skimping a few bucks on soil really pays off at the end...! Hate to hear things like that ruining a plant's life. :(

6. what stores sell hapy frog soil? just hydroponics stores/online? or would my local flower nursery have it?

7. Can you even grow 8 plants with a 400 watt system???? I thought the rule was 100 watts per plant or 10k lumens??

8. ....Also if you use a 400 watt conversion, doesnt the MH bulb only output 36k lumens?? There is no way that is enough lumens for 8 plants

9. no, the MH conversion bulb im getting is 38,000 lumens and the HPS bulb gives out 55,000 lumens.

10. You might be better off just sticking with the HPS through the entire grow because you would only be getting a max of 4750 lumens per with the MH light. I have the same setup and same number of plants and I was going to stay HPS the whole way through. Only real difference is the MH bulb will grow your plants to your desired height a week or two faster than the HPS but I've heard that waiting the extra week with the HPS is even better and will create more yield. I've done a TON of research on this my friend.:D

11. anyone else have any input they'd like to add?

12. well if its 1 gram per watt then 400 watts = 400 grams which = 1 pound of yummy goodness!:hello:

13. A half pound is a good estimate. There is no big difference i can tell using MH over HPS during veg so i keep HPS running the whole time. Also, MH bulbs can be used in HPS ballasts, there is no need for a conversion bulb if you have a HPS ballast. HPS bulbs cannot be used with MH ballasts though.

14. 3 plants will yeild more then 8 plants under that 400W lamp.
    Soil mix that rocks is Vic's Super soil:
    • 1 Bale sunshine mix #2 or promix (3.8 cu ft)
    • 8 cups Bone Meal - phosphorus source
    • 4 cups Blood Meal - nitrogen source
    • 1 1/3 cups Epsom salts - magnesium source
    • 3-4 cups dolomite lime -calcium source & pH buffering
    • 4 cups kelp meal.
    • 9kg (25 lbs) bag pure worm castings

- Mix thoroughly, moisten, and let sit 1-2 weeks before use

15. There is no way that 3 plants will yield more than 8 plants under a 400 watt HPS. Anyone else have an opinion on this.

Also, I just ordered a 400 watt HPS because I currently only have a 250 watt HPS. If I were growing 8 plants would it be better to hook up both the 250 and 400 at the same time and what would that do to my electric bill?? Pretty much what Im asking is is 400 watts at 58k lumens enough for 8 plants??

16. I would hook up both the 400w and 250w. Later in the grow you can place the 250w near the bottom of the plants to make sure they get light from underneath.

17. any other inputs anyone?

18. you have to think about what you want, a few large plants or many small ones...im sure you can successfully harvest eight plants under a 400 watt hps, but the general rule of thumb is 100 watts per plant, unless your doing a SOG type grow i guess. 3 plants under a 400 watt hps makes sense to me, i keep 5 under my 600 watt.

19. DJ420Chillin I get about a pound off two plants that cycle out at 70 days (10 days veg and 60 days flower). I just reduced my three plant grow a year ago to two plants and still get the same amount with less scrap. I grow under a 400W lamp. When I first started growing I put a lot of plants under one lamp. I got some nice bud and a ton of scrap. As I reduced the number, the buds got bigger, the plant grew faster and I harvested more grade A bud.

But I'm sure you know best.

20. I wasn't trying to say you didnt know what you were talking about, it just doesnt seem to make sense that 8 plants cant produce more than 2 or 3. I saw your pics on your profile and your room is way more high tech than mine and your soil looks great too. Thats probably why you are able to get such good qty out of yours. How many plants would you suggest if I hooked up my 250 watt about 1 1/2 feet next to my 400 watt one?? Thats my main question. Thanks and no offense was meant:D