what should it smell like when hanging

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by PopeyeSpinach, Mar 15, 2019.

1. should plants smell dank when drying, or should they smell like wet grass when drying? ive heard both

i remember something about terpenes start evaporating at around 68 degrees so if your weed smells dank when its drying your losing your terpenes.

That sounds legitimate, and my hindu kush I have hang drying inside a cardboard box at about 60 degrees and 50% humidity, smells like fresh cut grass.

2. You’ll be fine . Just cure right and it’ll regain its smell .

• Like Like x 2
  3. I wish there was a Manuel for this lol

4. I think it’s strain specific as well. I’m drying two different strains right now. One still smells lovely like it did when flowering, the other smells more like grass. Once it’s jarred up and does it thing, the aromas will return.

5. #5 PopeyeSpinach, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    I think my temps were a few degrees too high and I had too much air moving.

I've pretty much just gone for passive air exchange and keeping it in the 60s on the last harvest.... still smells like grass to me.

But I don't have the strongest sense of smell, and it all smells like grass to me anyway cuz I smoke it so much. So I have a real hard time telling unless a friend says something to me about it doesn't smell very dank.

Trust me being color-blind/ deficient with red Brown greens mostly, and not having the best sense of smell. I struggle both growing and curing cannabis lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. What strain and do you have any pics buddy