What should I say to electrician about installing lighting controller

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by oddpuertorican, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Hello GC I'm getting Titan Controls Helios 8 - 8 Light 240v Lighting Controller w/ Dual Trigger Cords installed in my grow room what do you suggest I tell him if he ask why I need this in the room?

2. to automate power usage.

3. okay thanks

4. I grow the fuckin dankest weed around here, and that sir, is why I have all this shit.Kottonmouth Kings

5. #5 snoopdog6502, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    Watch what he does so next time you can do it yourself.

I just wired in load center good for 60 amps. so it will do 7,000W @120v or 14,000W at 240v.

The power company loves us.

By the way, I did pay my neighbor 1/2oz  to help.

6. He'll know. No loose ends bro... You know what you have to do!.. Just kidding, but you are taking a hell of a chance. Worst case he rats you out. Best case he blackmails you for years.

Do you think it is to risky to have him set it up?  I'll literally just be moving into the place so there wont be any thing in the house by the time he does it.

To tell you the truth guys that do this shit are cool as hell, they have wired in shit and could give you lots of info on lighting.

Don't stress, it would be different if you had plants at the location.

Don't worry.

9. Discretion is of the utmost importance. You don't know this cat. He could be related to a cop, married to a cop.... Might be a retired cop. The key word being COP. I would take the risk of buying a good book, asking questions here, and doing it myself. I'd risk a fire before prison. But that is just me.

Anyone else disagree?

10. Ask your hydro shop if they can recommend a electrician.

11. Organic fert. LOL 

Yeah.....that's a good call. Prolly safer than DIY if the OP ain't comfortable getting electrocuted or burning down his house.

13. The bad part about fire, Cops investigate. Can't catch a break from a pig...lol

14. #14 Sammyy, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19378500" timestamp="1390281818"]To tell you the truth guys that do this shit are cool as hell, they have wired in shit and could give you lots of info on lighting.Don't stress, it would be different if you had plants at the location.Don't worry.[/quote]Listen to him^ hes right mos are really cool, and most likely smoke/possible grow themselves. Have no live plants at the location, nothin in sight that would make someone think cultivation, keep it cool an youll be a-ok

15. [quote name="Frank_S" post="19381210" timestamp="1390333507"]Organic fert. LOL [/quote]Lol throw him in the compost pile!

16. Tell him it's for a tanning booth for your wifeSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I wouldn't take any chances.... but that is just me. Hell with the NSA snooping on Google you might have already created too many loose ends just by asking.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. And when the state needs money....the people will pay. You can't trust anyone. Even your own damned family.

18. As mentioned above, BOTTOM line is don't have any plants at the house, no nutes, nothing. Then it doesn't fucking matter, PERIOD. Just having a light controller installed is not even close to reasonable suspicion, much less probable cause. Even if he WAS married to a cop and told them they couldn't do a damn thing about it.

You sound like an idiot...

and anyone that knows what the fuck they're doing doesn't have to make the rich (grow stores) richer by buying equipment you do not need. Power boxes are a waste of money

Dig a hole