What should I do?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by NuclearGuru, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Okay so me and my girlfriend broke up a little over a month ago over a bunch of shit I don't really think is important enough to explain. First of all, I love this girl. I haven't felt this way about any girl in years. I've been depressed ever since then. I barely eat or anything. For a while we didn't talk but I wished her a happy birthday a few weeks ago. She told me how much she appreciated it and how sorry she was for how she treated me. We had been talking every day since then and that she still wanted to be friends and all that. Over time she started acting more like she regretted breaking up. I asked her if she wanted to hang out sometime. She said she wanted to but she was busy that weekend.

Next thing I know she's hanging out with this douche bag guy that I know will end up hurting her. I tried to explain how the guy is and she just gets pissed at me. What should I do? I can't just sit by and watch her get used like I know will happen. I care about this girl more than pretty much anyone else in my life. I know how this guy is. He butters girls up with his bullshit just so he can fuck them and leave them. She is already emotional enough as it is. I don't want to see her hurt like that.

2. genuinely tough situation.

I'd say that you should forget her if she won't listen to you, but if you are as sentimentally attached as you say you are, well that's clearly not an option. (sorry im :bongin:) but sometimes people need to be hurt to learn, perhaps that is the course you should take.

im not a real relationship person, so i apologize if im not much help.

3. Exactly. So get up and DO something.

Don't just sit there and tell her who she shouldn't date but tell her who she SHOULD date.

And date her.

4. That's just it. I don't know what to do. I can't just say "You need to date me again because I'm the greatest thing you will ever find." That would be very arrogant.

5. It won't be arrogant if you really mean it...

It seems you need to suffer a bit longer before you can get off that chair and actually do something about it.

Which is all good. The harder you suffer, the more you'll realize how much you NEED her. And the more you NEED her, the more eager you'll be to get her.

But don't suffer too long.

She might not be around for too long.