Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What should I do with this glass tube?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jay Rod, Nov 27, 2011.

1. So I ended up with this tall glass tube that I intend on turning into a bong.
    [​IMG]

The question is, what do I do with it? What's the sickest option that I could easily pull off at home? I was thinking just drill it with a glass bit and put a rubber grommet downstem in with a slider, but I'm not sure how the downstem would be at an angle downwards into the chamber..do I try to drill at some sort of an angle, or will I be able to drill perpendicular and still have an angular downstem/slide? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hmm..
    You def. need a downstem, however there is no spherical shape for the downstem to be easily placed in at an angle, so Honestly I don't know.
    Any other people got ideas?

3. damn looks cool. wher did you get that from? awesome proejct.

i thought it was really hard to cut through glass unless you have the right tool. maybe bring it to a shop or something and ask them to cut the hole for you? you gonna have a slide or a carb hole? cuz if its gonna be carb hole youll wanna get that cut too.

4. You won't be able to drill a hole into it without the proper tools. Without them you'll surely crack the thing. "It's fine, I have a drill," brah... It's glass in the shape of a tube... It's not flat, you can't just drill into that bitch, and even then you need the proper drillbit you gotta get a good angle on it for the downstem... Basically, you've got your dick in your hand and two in the bush.

Good luck.

5. You could, perhaps, put one tube in a hole, completely horizontal at the bottom and attach another to that horizontal tube vertically, then put bowl in that one and vuela a bong. Or just get an elbow looking glass tube so it's already curved as a downstem sorta thing... You know what I'm sayin'? I am sober right now, so my explanations may not be stoned enough...

6. Make a gbong with it

7. If u can't figure it out. U could just cut the bottom off drill a hole and make a steamroller. I know u would probably.much rather have a bong as would I but if u can't get it to work then there's another option

8. You need a diamond drill bit. I've done the same thing.

Ask your local hardware store

9. Throw a rock up in that shit man ! :D but really you can reblow it if you have enough confidence the glass won't shatter when being heated.

10. get a torch or glass drill, make hole for downstem.
    attatch rubber tube to glass tube to be downstem (rubber tube so it wil go down into water cuz glass wont bend, then u jus need a bowl:smoke:

or if u can manage go to local headshop n make a legit male/female piece work.
    good luck!

11. .... The only thing he has to do in order to make it a bong is drill a hole, and you're insisting on adding another, more difficult step!?!?!?!? Yeah, no. Stick with the bong idea lol

12. I was just talking to my buddy who blows glass for a living about this last night...

youre gonna need a diamond drill bit, which is about 40-60 bucks, and a shit ton of drilling fluid, which is also expensive...
    Also, realize that youll be ruining the structural intergrity of the glass. The older the glass, the higher its chances of it cracking. Even with a torch or a fancy drillbit, the chances of the glass cracking are pretty high...its a job for a professional, and even then, it is extremely difficult.

Tl:dr its not worth it dude... And itll be more expensive than just buying a bong that size...

If you still decide to attempt it anyways, good luck and post pics, im curious to see the end product...

13. Put water in it and then drill the hole. That way it won't shatter/break. This is just what I've picked up, anyways.

14. #14 HxCurt, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
    I knew a dude that bought those long, multicolored and wacky shaped vases from like, homegoods (lots of them even have a little hole in where the down stem would go - i guess for water purposes when used as a flower vase) - but he would always drill them with a glass bit and put a rubber stopper in. But they weren't straight tubes... not sure how you'll pull that off. I have kind of an idea, but not sure how it'd work. I'll post a pic in a second.

(I've also heard if you fill it up with sand while drilling it won't shatter?)

edit: wat

[​IMG]

15. [quote name='"HxCurt"']I knew a dude that bought those long, multicolored and wacky shaped vases from like, homegoods (lots of them even have a little hole in where the down stem would go - i guess for water purposes when used as a flower vase) - but he would always drill them with a glass bit and put a rubber stopper in. But they weren't straight tubes... not sure how you'll pull that off. I have kind of an idea, but not sure how it'd work. I'll post a pic in a second.

(I've also heard if you fill it up with sand while drilling it won't shatter?)

edit: wat

[/quote]

Abstract thinking at its finest

16. It's gonna have to be a whip (hose) with a bowl/slide at the end of it... not exactly ideal lol If you do manage to drill the hole, that is the only was I could see this working. No way you're gonna get an angled hole like you need

17. Just tilt it when you smoke out of it? Fuck idk.

[​IMG]

18. Put the glass pipe in your pants and try to impress the ladies?

19. Drill 2 holes, one as the carb, one with a bowl and such. Make it a dry piece like a giant shotgun (make the carb hole huge)

20. Drill the hole wider than the downstem and use a rubber grommets to seal it. that way you can drill the hole straight into the tube then fix the downstem at a downward angle. You just need to buy a downstem and a drillbit.
    Around $30 for everything if you own a drill. You might need to build a jig out of wood around the tube to hold it straight and flat while you drill so it doesnt roll, but its not hard to drill a tube. pretty much everything everyone has said above works, just take your time.