What should/am I supposed to do?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dead Set, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Long story short... A friend from work introduced me to this really sweet tattoo artist. He is the one who did the frog I posted about in the other forum. Me and my pal Veronica went and had him do this tat, and I gave him 20, with the understanding that he'd pick up the rest later on in the week. It's been 8 days now. Not a call, or a text. I have a couple bills due soon. I think he digs me, but I have no idea what's going on with the guy. I have his money ready but I also have bills I need to pay.

Do I keep waiting with no response, or use the money for bills? I'd rather pay him back. Apologies if that came out weird; I have ADD atm.

2. I'd just tell him text him saying that you can't hold onto the money while you have bills to pay, and you'll get him back if he calls you when you get paid. If you don't have a job save the money.

3. I do work. 40 hours a week. I have bills of my own plus financial obligations at home because I still live with mom. Minimum wage doesn't go too far. I've texted and called probably 6 or 7 times in the last 8 days and have heard zip. I could use this for bills, but the minute I do, karma will rain on me and he'll call me. I always pay my shit back I would just like to do so in a timely manner. Ugh...

4. hey he hasnt called back and you have bills
    i think karma will go easy on yous

5. If you've REALLY made an honest effort to get ahold of him and he hasn't responded, go ahead and pay your bills

6. Yeah, definitely pay the bills. Leave him a voicemail if he doesn't answer one last time and explain the situation to him...unless he's a complete jackass he should be cool with it.