Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What scale should I get?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BongHitsAndAcidTrips, Feb 10, 2014.

1. i would go with .01 to. on a regular scale it can be .85 and show as .9. i kno that doesnt matter for weed but for bho it matters. either way i would go with the .01

2. #23 Avihigh74, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014

it matters on the person, if your a person that picks up ounces and up then get .1 but if your someone like me that has usually buys half ounces and deal with dimes, dubs, 8th , on a normal basis its important to get that exact calculation so at least you know your dealer is legit. the guy mentioned he sells dubs, you need a .01 not .1 , because .9 could be .91 or .99 , you dont know so a .01 is best for that guy 

3. Its well worth buying one especially if you cant see it scaled in front of you beforehand and get one of good quality (preferably one that reads to the hundredth,) I've had the cheap ones in the past and its just not worth it over time. 

4. and .1's and .2's add up quickly

5. bro all you have to do is zero it out with whatever surface you want to weight it with

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. if a nickle weighs 5 your good...as for getting that extra .01 or whatever if youre weighing a quarter just have it teeter between 6.9 and 7 but stops on 7 and then its 7

7. Again you fail to understand what happens when the scale itself actually goes out of calibration as in it no longer weighs correctly. The chip inside is programmed to realign with 500g. If the scale goes out of calibration zeroing it out is not going to magically make it know that 1g is 1g and not .8g or however much it is now off.

8. Ebay seems to have some decent looking cheap scales.

9. Unless you're doing grows, I'd do the .01. The accuracy isn't a big advantage, I just like having a scale that goes down to .01 lol. And if you're not scaling huge weights the .1 and .01 are like the same price

10. hes not talking about tare which is zeroing it out. if a scale is uncalibrated. u can zero it out and itll still weigh incorrectly. i.e 3.5 can weigh as 4gs or 3gs instead of 3.5

11. cheap ones arent worth it? as long as u get one with good reviews $10 is more then worth it. ive had mines for 4 years now. ive dropped it. the screen that displays the wieght is sideways from the drops. but its still worth it. i dont think a more expensive one wudve done better.

12. #33 GothamDiesel, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    maybe I've just had bad luck but we are talking about electronics here. And I agree you can find a good quality one for under 20$ that comes with a warranty (even though they usually outlast the coverage.)