What religion is it

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by nisantan12, Jan 24, 2013.

1. What is the religion if you worship old norse gods such as Thor and Odin?

I'm curious because I've recently abandoned Christianity after having a very heated religious argument with the father of my local church

2. #2 kayakush, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
  3. Google would have found this answer for you much faster than typing up a thread and waiting for a response. But I understand... you were under duress after your argument.

From the sometimes accurate - Wikipedia
    edit: kayakush ninja'd me!

4. Odinism. Odin is the chief god. I guess it would depend if you worshiped a sub god of that tradition or what.

Though the christians just labbelled all folk religion as paganism when they conquered Europe.

5. Lol, dafaq... You should pick a religion thats right hahhaa thats wah i think :)

6. Gonna be honest, I lol'd.

7. What do you mean a religion that's right? All main religions are forced down people's throats...

8. Lol there's no such thing as a religion that is "right."

Asatru is pretty cool though.

9. I Do find asatru pretty interesting

10. Paganism is an umbrella term for Wicca, Druidism, Heathanism and many other branches, but Heathens are the Pagans who worship the Norse gods. That's not to say that everyone who worships Norse Gods is a Heathen though ;)

11. We should all be druids

12. I am a Druid. A pretty casual one, but still. Join meeee *tempts you all with forest critters*

Seriously though, my love for the earth and nature knows no bounds ;)

13. I've always been drawn toward Irish Celtic paganism because I love the Irish myths. I don't even have a drop of Irish blood in me either.

14. I believe in Tetsujin 28
    Here is some rare footage of the great Tetsujin in action. Watch as he protects our souls from the terrible Black Ox and other massive robots.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fooXJi07hqU]鉄人28号(プãƒÂ¬Ã£‚¤ã‚¹ãƒ†Ã£ƒÂ¼Ã£‚·ãƒÂ§Ã£ƒÂ³2) オãƒÂ¼Ã£ƒ—ニãƒÂ³Ã£‚ - YouTube[/ame]

15. OH MY GIGANTOR , even more proof of his existence.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZWA2N9i6bI]Tetsujin 28 robot - YouTube[/ame]

16. To the OP: It's just called Norse or Germanic mythology. You've abandoned Christian mythology and are now taking up Norse mythology. They are equally silly, but I find the latter much more interesting.

17. I get what you're saying as in they are ridiculous but it's something to believe in...Christianity was shoved down my throat as a child and young teen...not only Germanic but all mythology astounds me and I find it interesting...norse mythology just happens to be my favorite

18. Of course you do, you've no grudge against, the way of the north man. To the OP I would recommend not taking on a new religion, in this day and age being a member of a organized religion is overrated, and a drain on you, how about just living your life without rejecting or accepting.