What nutrient issue is this?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by infurnoman, Jul 8, 2020.

1. So the stems are turning an unhealthy purple on one of my outdoor plants.. The only plant I re used last years soil for, which I can now tell is too drained to be worth using without ammendment.

The stems are turning an unhealthy looking purple, and the plant has become much paler green, the leaves are curling down slightly like they do when overwatered.

A friend who has been growing a long time told me it looks like a Calcium issue, but when doing research online it seems like a Magnesium issue.

Either way I guess I can go buy some Calmag, but I would like to know for certain what causes this and if there is potentially a better solution?

Here are pics. 15942154049451869634996.jpg 159421552954172706444.jpg 1594215635993289003576.jpg

2. magnesium deficeincy can cause purple stems ,,plant is looking light green so Mag will help green her up ...just add Epson Salt to you watering,,, not sure how much ,but i am sure you could look it up on google etc,,mac,

• Like Like x 2
  3. I agree. Try some cal/mag. Some plants can genetically have purple stems but the light green color says cal/mag. Should be dark green. Try some nitrogen too. I’d personally do a mix of both.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. yea i think id add some N to the feed as plants not flowering yet ,and it'll probably get really short of N when it get in to flowering and it starts the stretching .....mac,

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gonna go to my local hydro shop and buy stuff later today :) hopefully will get the problem solved