What nutes formula are you using?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Diatt, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Armor Si
    Cal/mag
    GH Trio
    Amare440
    SS880
    RO water
    55 gallon res tank
    Blue lab Guardian(constant read on ppm and pH)
    Water temp 60-65

I been growing for a few years now started off in soil with Fox farm nutes. Like them was good even though their quality was declining. I switched to GH Trio went from coco and now I use ebb and flow with a res tank so full hydroponic.

I honestly can say I didn't have theses issues before I switched to hydro. And I don't want to go back I want to learn this more. But I feel every grow with hydroponics has had issues. I constantly get what looks like a calcium deficiency or N deficiency even N toxic.

I have tried others formulas and still seem to run into issues. If any one has a set of nutes and formula the the they been using for a while I love to try it out. I feel even when I add a small amount of GH and the PPMs go through the roof. And I find I need to add more watrrnto tone it down. I do not use full strength.

Love to know what is working for you. Thanks.

2. I've been growing Hydro for a couple years..... used the same nutes you are useing now and others and i like these two at the moment easy-to-use and works well[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I use GH Flora-micro and Flora-bloom using the Lucas method. There are tons of threads here on GC, but basically, when using HID lights, it's 8 ml/G of micro and 16ml/G of the bloom.

Here is a link with more info What is Lucas Formula, and how do I use it?

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Diatt, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    See that's a crazy amount to me. I did 5ml cal/mag 5ml micro 7ml bloom and my ppm was up to 1400s. I tried doing 5tsp all three during veg and get N toxic with dark leaves and then claws(mature stage).

Thanks for the link I've read it a few times before and the high dose really throws me off. Also it says to add cal/mag when using coco. That made no sense to me. Yes no nutrition in coco fiber, but that's the same thing for hydroponic. So why would it not say to add it when using hydroponic?

Also I am using Led. Amare450 6 cobs that are high intensity. Along with SS880 more HI, and this requires more cal/msg as well compared to a HPS. So trying to find a balance is hard.

Also is that really the dose you use from start to complete? Your plants at 2-3 weeks able to handle that?

5. Coco with 6\9 GH micro\bloom + can mag
    Alternate days half strength

6. See that's a crazy amount to me. I did 5ml cal/mag 5ml micro 7ml bloom and my ppm was up to 1400s. I tried doing 5tsp all three during veg and get N toxic with dark leaves and then claws(mature stage).
    The recipe calls for RO or distilled water, so there isn't any ppm to start with.

Thanks for the link I've read it a few times before and the high dose really throws me off. Also it says to add cal/mag when using coco. That made no sense to me. Yes no nutrition in coco fiber, but that's the same thing for hydroponic. So why would it not say to add it when using hydroponic?
    Couldn't tell you... I don't do coco.

Also I am using Led. Amare450 6 cobs that are high intensity. Along with SS880 more HI, and this requires more cal/msg as well compared to a HPS. So trying to find a balance is hard.
    The recipe is for HID lights. for CFLs you used a lower amount. LEDs were not very available when Lucas came up with it, so...

Also is that really the dose you use from start to complete? Your plants at 2-3 weeks able to handle that?
    At the bottom of the article, it said to use diluted amounts for the little ones.

The OP wanted to know what nutrients we use. Have been using it since 2009.

7. Yes, but again I don't understand why they would add Cal/Mag to Coco and not to hydroponics as well. RO removes every thing so you should need to add back regardless. And yeah that's why I posted my stats up there so if any one else running something close to what I have and has a good system going love to talk to them about it.

I am all for trying the Lucas system, even if some things really stick out to me. But I have sometime(waiting for current grow to complete). But I like to talk to some one whos doing hydroponics and has been using the same set of nutes for a while.

I seen some things here and there but every thing from 2013 and under. So if any one running hydroponics for a few years with the same nutes let me know.

8. I've been using the GH basic trio for years. I use KISS method.
    I check ph if there's a problem, not all strains like the same kool aid mix from my trials, like deep purple. I corrected by making a special mix just for her. I try to read plants for any signs of issues and deficiencies.

I use 1/4-1/2 strength when 3 sets of leaves showing in veg, then 1/2 to 3/4 at transition for couple feedings lessening the grow dose more and more until just a splash by 5th week of flower. A nice buzz cut and some branch removal.
    I only use the micro and bloom at full strength feeding after week 5, allocating for 2 -3 gallons. I use 5 gal dwc 600w mh /hps 5x5 tent lots of air flow/exhaust.

Currently switched to flowering 5 weeks ago. Fed recently with the last splash of gro.
    Plants look healthy and happy dancing in the breeze, sugar and bud fuzz development increasing daily about 4ft tall.
    I have calmag, but haven't used it yet. Few times I'll collect and add rain water to the buckets.