Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What NOT to do?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Duckysaurus, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Okay, so I'm picking up 8 grams of some good mids tomorrow, and I'd really like to give edibles a try. The thing is, I've heard of people messing up somehow and the edibles not doing anything for them. I'm a bigger guy, but my tolerance is normally pretty low. I'm concerned that with edibles, I might not be as susceptible to them as possible because of my slow metabolism and whatnot. Would this be a factor?

I made a firecracker once, but I fell asleep like 30 minutes after I started feeling anything, and I'm not entirely sure if it was placebo or not.

Should I make a firecracker with a gram or so and see how it affects me, and then try making brownies or something with the quarter ounce if it works?

And finally, is there any way I can really 'mess up' the preparation of cannabutter or cannaoil? I've seen how TO do it, but never what NOT to do, or what to be careful about.

Sorry for the wall of text, any help would be appreciated.

2. If you're new to edibles, I'd suggest trying it the late morning or early afternoon, to prevent you from accidentally nodding off before you experience the full effect.

If firecrackers don't work for you, it will have almost nothing to do with whether or not a proper edible will work. They are a worst-case-scenario edible, for (usually younger people with 'privacy' issues at home) those folks who don't have access to a full kitchen, or all the supplies they need in privacy, to create a proper edible.

Your best bet, would be to invest your meds/herb wisely in preparing a good batch of oil. In this case you can make anything from cake, to cookies, to truffles, to candy. The possibilities are almost endless, you can use your oil on whatever 'medible' sounds most tempting :)

This link will get you going, on making your oil as best as you can. It also contains several recipes you may find interesting, including all those pictured below and more [​IMG]

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Bioavailable Hash & Canna Oils, Edibles, Drinkables, and more...

You'll know your oil is complete when it reaches a glossy dark brown, almost black color.

[​IMG]

You can use your oil to make capsules...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Canna 'Bombs'...

[​IMG]

Glowing candy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Main courses...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soup...

[​IMG]

Many desserts, even Jello...

[​IMG]

UV/Glowing Drinks...

[​IMG]

And Ice Cream...

[​IMG]

And among the many others, there are of course the old favorites, brownies and cookies...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And more...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of the above recipes and tutorials, are in the link. Have fun, and good luck! [​IMG]

3. To address your issue with dosing and digestive/effectiveness.

4. Thanks a ton, you definitely answered my biggest concerns!

You certainly seem like an edibles master, haha. I'll definitely take advantage of that awesome recipe book you've posted!

5. You're very welcome :) Have fun!