what methods do you use to germinate your seeds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by budensity, Jan 9, 2012.

1. over the years i have heard of alot of different ways people germinate seeds.
    for me ive let seed's sit in a cup of water until they split,or wraped em up in a damp papper towel with just water ive never used bleach,and i have lost countless seedlings due to mold. so i might in the future. i ussaly germinate my seeds in a closet or under the couch cushin and even by the referigerator witch is warm all the time. recently i was reading a copy of soft secrets and there was an artical about a female grower and in the artical they said that she germinated her seeds in bags but put them in her bra,so i am going to try and see how some seeds germinate that are tucked in my sock or in my shoe. ill let you guys know if it works but please feel free to share your way of germinating if you want

2. lol dude this is pretty extreme to germinate seeds in such wierd places :eek: I always germinated the seeds directly in wet soil in a warm place :D like 1cm below the soil surface and so far I had 100% germination :) just be careful with the heat cuz the soil must stay moist ;) and if u have bagseeds they're a good way to practice germination :D

3. :eek: c'mon read the stickies and learn how to write. Seeds in socks and " there is this female grower..." hahaha :confused:

4. I put mine between some moist paper towel then into a ziplock bag that is left open. I usually place it on top of my cable box in my bedroom. It stays warm and dark in there and I usually have a good rate if success.

5. Drop em right in the soil.

6. ok guys the female grower is named mohave mama.and idk they said that the constant heat was good for the seed's.i know it sounds bizzare.but ill be willing to bet you this works

7. It probably would work but shit man..one wrong move and that seed or it's taproot are destroyed. A shoe is definitely not the best place for a seed...lol....never thought I'd say that. :D

I personally use a jiffy setup that I got from wal-mart for literally 5 dollars. The humidity dome is a little short for my liking but as far as bagseed goes I have 100% germ. rate. :hello: fuck a bra.

8. hmm well i started thinking that i was at risk of destroying the taproot so i removed them from there bag and just put em in soil and put a plastic bottle with the bottom cut out over

9. best success for me so far is directly into the soil, keep moist, warm, profit.

10. I let mine soak in warm water overnight and then put them in a slightly damp paper towel. I wash my hands whenever I'm gonna handle anything having to do with my seeds cause the moist towels can get moldy. Put them in separate, clean containers (I use washed out gatorade bottles cause they have a wide mouth), put the cap on, and leave in a warm place until they root. Then I put them right into the dirt. Works every time.

11. shits poppin !!!! =)

12. There are plenty of female growers!!!!! like me xx

13. I germ all my seeds in dirt in plastic Chinese take out containers. just fill them with potting soil, wet it, put in the seeds and snap the lid on. The lid is the key that keeps the soil moist and a couple days after they sprout I just leave the lid off.