Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What methods do you guys use to clean your pieces?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by NYC Diesel, May 2, 2009.

1. I usually just put it in the sink with some hot water and mouthwash and salt because im out of rubbing alcohol right now.
    What are some of the methods that work best for you?

2. #2 Buzz_Kill2391, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009

yeah that actually works pretty good because of the alcohols in the mouth wash and the salt acts kinda like a scrubber and neither solution will wear away at your pipes, bongs ect... the other is the 420clean or something like that its bong cleaner and most headshops have it... AND THE SHIT WORKS!! ive had bongs with so much fucking resin they went from being neon green clear plastic to solid black like 1/2 inch thick destruction... and the 420(i dont remember what word came after that.. lol) shit worked on them...

3. just hot water and some soap. I don't have any glass though. Ceramic bong, plastic gravity bong (vortex), few pipes and a vaporizer. Never have alcohol just lying around the house and no reason to go out and spend money on some when just using some soap and hot water does the trick. I don't need my pieces to be spotless, it's not like I'm taking 'em from state to state.

4. it is a good point to mention when people say "clean" do they mean new or just basically clean... cause the whole salt & mouthwash plus some hard bristle pipe cleaners or a toothbrush will make my bongs cystal clear if i worked on them but usually i just dump the water and keep loading fresh screens until its so black it becomes annoying then i totally clean the piece.

5. I love the taste of that first rip out of a clean piece. I have tried all kinds of cleaning products in my years of smoking and found that 90% rubbing alcohol and some sea salt is the best way to go. The higher percentage of alcohol the better, I have found 92% before and that just stripped the resin right off with a little shake of the bong. The products they sell in the head shops are always way over priced and the only advantage is that they usually smell like citrus. The 420cleaner works but its basically just alcohol and salt with some scent. If you have some stubborn resin I would recommend Grunge Off. Its also a little pricey but it works the best as far as I have seen and its also reusable. In my opinion though, nothing beats a 3 dollar bottle of rubbing alcohol and some salt.

Toke on!!:bongin:

6. I usually clean mine once a week or when it starts to taste too ashy, i should try to find that 420 stuff next time im at a headshop.

i wouldnt use soap, if you arent careful it could leave a terrible taste on the glass and you definitely dont want to smoke it.

7. first run under hot water for a while to get the resin to warm up a bit, followed by an acetone soak, leaves shit looking brand new

fuck the hard water in my area though, I'm going to have to start cleaning/filling/making ice with bottled water if I want my shit to look good

8. For all my small pieces, I first put it in the sink and blast it with hot water to knock the big chunks of rez off and soften it up, then take alcohol, or a combination of alcohol and salt depending on the piece.

For tubes, I run hot water through it, then salt and alcohol shake off, then a alcohol/ water combination to rinse it. Once I rinse it out with water, I take some type of all purpose cleaner and go over the glass to make sure I don't get the dry fog from the alcohol.

For pipes, I never clean out the insides except the bowl part only becasue it takes like a gram to color it back in. WHen I clean a pipe, I just take a napkin with alcohol on it and wipe all the edges out that was its not filled with rez on the hitter/ carb hole transferring to you. THen I clean out the bowl so that you can see the design on it.

9. I use 91% rubbing alcohol and sea salt...works like a charm...same shit as 420 cleaner or bling...except it is ay cheaper...there is no ther way to clean shit other than this way