Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What makes you a stoner?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DeadFrost, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Getting stoned.

2. i think i get what you're asking. I smoke everyday, but i'm not considered a "stoner". I think it just depends on the crowd you hang with and how you conduct yourself while you are high.

3. I think what I do throughout the day dictates if I'm a stoner... Smoke weed when I wake up before school. Smoke before bed. Play Xbox for a few hours each day. Just depends on what you'd define a stoner as. I try to be peaceful and keep a mellow vibe so maybe that defines me as a stoner too :smoking:.

4. Stoner typically doesn't seem like a term that somebody would use for themselves...
    I mostly hear it from anti-drug people who found out that someone smokes pot (regardless of how much the person smokes most anti-drug people view it as all the same).

5. Beyond my initial smart-ass comment. I agree with this. Nobody, looking at me, or talking to me, would ever think of me as a "stoner" other than the fact that I toke. I get great grades in college, I work my ass off, I'm productive and have a good family life. I dress clean and profesionally (I'm a fairly nerdy person).

So that being said, things that make you a "stoner":

Being lazy and smoking pot without being productive
    Not washing
    General disrespect for other people

That's all I can think of at the moment.

6. I love steak, but I'm not a steaker.
    I love beer, but I'm not a beer-er.
    I love cheese, but I'm not a cheeser.
    I love cannabis, but I'm not a stoner.

I'm just me. Labels are just that; labels. They are arbitrary and artificial.

7. the fact that i simply love weed. i guess.

8. this makes much more sense now

I made really good grades, i dont dress trashy, i always have a positive vibe, and im a chill person.

Some of my girl friends, that KNOW i smoke, call me a pot head, but i only smoke like once or twice every day :smoke:

so basically a stoner is someone who is -
    lazy
    unorganized

9. Well, when I went to college I didn't tell anybody I smoked and everyone of my friends said they would love to smoke with me as I seem like a dude who would be hella cool to smoke with.

I get really good grades and dress well and you would never know.
    Then I tell them that I smoke all the time and I know a shit ton about it. they all say I have a real mello vibe and am just reallly relaxed and chill about everything.

I guess that does it. Mostly cuz its true. lol

10. story of my life :smoke:

11. haha hell yeah man. That's how we do it.

12. This man is very wise, +rep.

13. You know how we black people get offended if a white person calls us "*****", but if another black dude calls you a "*****" it doesn't seem to bother you?
    Well, i think the word "stoner" is just like that, but we (stoners) give it our own meaning.
    For me a stoner is someone who's got a smoking ettiquete, don't talk when they are hitting the j/blunt/piece/bong, don't rush other people to smoke, someone who has a right attitude, is a mellow person, always chill, don't get too paranoid, and are always willing to learn/teach from/to another stoner.

Sorry for the bad english, not from an english speaking country.

14. among my friends being a stoner is baically a badge of honor, it means your a cool guy, you have connections, and you always match.

15. now I want cheese beer and steak. unfortunately I only have cheese and weed.

16. always so wise oldskool

^i think this pretty much sums it up, basically someone who loves the herb and is smoking it for the right reasons. my friends call me a stoner all the time and it doesn't bother me, but when someone i barely know says it in a derogatory way i find it offensive because they obviously dont know what they're talking about and have no right to judge.

thats my two cents, happy toking :bongin:

17. dude, the wisdom in your post man. amen. its people like you who make me proud to smoke. A stoner is like saying im a highschool kid. you automatically get that bad rep...but there's still so many cliques in highschool. you try to cover so many different types of people with one broad term. I would consider myself, different, but not a stoner. do you see what i mean?
    And i agree, labels dont mean anything. because at the end of the day your,...you....regardless of what anyone thinks.

18. I consider a stoner somebody who can smoke regularly without giving marijuana a bad name. The ones that know how to conduct themselves and that can enjoy their herb while still being a productive member of society. Those are the real stoners in my book.

19. A stoner is generally someone that not only smokes weed, but engrosses themselves in pot culture.