What Light Schedule Will Revert My Plant Back to Veg?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mando420, May 8, 2011.

1. I have one clone that was brought from 24/0 indoors to 13/11 outdoor, and it has gone into flowering (there are a ton of white pistils everywhere and there are small amounts of THC beginning on all of the leaves). Right now it says we are getting 13:51 of sunlight daily. At what light schedule will it start trying to go back into veg?

2. are you trying to re veg the plant?
    do you have an autoflower plant?
    or am i trippin

3. No, I am looking to see when I should begin putting it in the dark for either 12/12 or 14/10 (if this is possible?)

No I do not.

Yes (haha) :smoke:

4. its up to you,
    you can veg a plant for a year before you put into flower.
    short veg = small plant.
    12/12 is good to flower.

5. You're missing the question man!

Right now the light schedule is at 13:51 and it is flowering. I want to know how much longer I can simply leave it out in the sun without having to manually bring it in the dark. Once the hours increase, it will cause it to revert back to veg. I am looking for a time frame that they tend to go back in, so that I can bring my plants in early every night. I am also wondering if when I bring them in (for darkness ONLY), if I should keep it on a strict 12/12, or if 14/10 would be better for it during flowering?

6. the plants gonna start reveging anyday, the days get longer each day and the plant can tell this. if you want it to just flower i would start covering it or whatever you plan

7. Not true, if the plant was under a 24-0 cycle and you put it outside it will finish flowering. I started a clone outside in the begining of june after inside under 24-0 and it still finished in august.

8. thats because it was june and the days are about at the longest and they are gonna start getting shorter. I had a clone that was at 24/0 cycle and put it out in may and it started flowering but buy june it started reveging.

Theres a differnce from early may to june..

9. Alright guys, she was in 24/0 when I put her out. The longest our days get between sunrise/set is 15:xx in June or July. I have her in 12-12:30/12/11:30 right now (by covering her in multiple black garbage bags and a tarp) and she is definitely still making significant flowering progress, so I will just keep doing this I guess. It would be nice to leave her out and not have to wake up at 5 AM to take off a tarp, but it's worth it :D

10. You don't have to. Until june 21 any clone you put outside that was on a 24-0 light cycle will continu to veg. If you want plants that won't flower try a 16-8 cycle inside then put them out. I have only had re-veg problems with seeds

11. MATURE Outdoor plants will flower with 13-14.5 hours of light usualy....I say mature cause a young plant will probably veg, but real slow under 14 hours of light. but any mature plant outdoor will still flower under 14.5, maybe even 15 for the last 2 weeks is fine.

12. #12 The Cremator, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
    I have had my clones under 18-6 for 6 weeks now and are still vegging. I have been bringing them outside all day long but put them back under the lights for the remainder of the night. All the plants are about 18" tall and in 15 gallon containers. I am going to switch the lighting to 16-8 for 4 days and then kick them out for good. After reading this board, I am now confused as to if they will keep vegging or not. I would like to see them about 5 feet or so and have heard that a plant will double in size while it is flowering. Am I correct in what I have heard? I also think that what you nute them with has an efect on whether they veg or not. Please let me know if I am wrong on this.Thanks.