What light can i add in?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Merkidge69, Apr 26, 2017.

1. I have a grow tent that is 120x80x200cm
    I have a mars hydro 600w led in there.
    Was wondering what small light i could add in for a little more power and cheap to run

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Would a small cfl be ok or too much for my tent size? Only doing two plants a time

3. Grab some led light bulbs, pop off the frosted cover and you are ready to go.
    Cfls are ok but the led light bulbs are more powerful so you don't need very many of them to add a big boost that's cheap on your pocketbook.

• Like Like x 1
  4. .
    . Shit I didn't know you could pop off those frosted covers on the LED bulbs I was using CFL's as supplemental lighting for my LED 300 but now I'm a try that thanks for the tip

• Like Like x 1
  5. Could you link me to some please mate? How many you think i should add in? What holder do i need for them??? I know nothing about them. I already have a marshydro 600w

7. Just go to eBay and search for led bulbs.
    Use 100w 6700k for veg and 100w 2700k for blooming.

8. I use a xacto knife to break the seal and then a flat headed screw driver to pop the cover off.
    Here's my seedling box that has 4 6700k and two 2700k bulbs. They are the bulbs on the outside edges. IMG_20170423_163531657_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Yeah it wont be overkill in my grow space with my 600w mars hydro will it? 2 plants

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. No, it won't be over kill, especially in the blooming stage. In blooming, you can use the extra help because Mars lights work great for veg but lack a little in the blooming stage.

• Like Like x 2
  11. How many and what lights would you add and which ones? Full spectrum led grow lights?

12. Two 80w led e27 grow bulbs? Or just buy a mars hydro 300 to add also or will this all be too much?

13. I agree with jay, just get some cheap led bulbs and rig them up.

Just go to your local box store or hardware store and pick some up. Most 10-15w 'warm white' led bulbs should work great. I would just get regular cheap household lighting type led bulbs...no need to go for a 'grow bulb' or any special spectrum besides 'warm white'(2700-3000k for flowering) or 'daylight' (5000-6000k for veg)

*my second mars panel went out on me last nite. :(

14. Could you give me some examples bro? A mars hydro 300w is £60.
    Also how many should i add in with the space and light i have?

15. So you woulnt bother with an led grow bulb? Will they actually work the house hold ones? I have a 120x80x200cm tent 2 plants and a mars hydro 600w

16. [​IMG]
    You mean one like this for veg? If so how many would you add to my set up

• Like Like x 1
  17. #17 Bongsauce, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    I space my 12w led bulbs about 6"/15cm apart. I use some 12w feit omni bulbs.Here's a great thread where a guy compares cfl to led bulbs. he shows a few brands in there...looks like ecosmart, great value (walmart generic brand), G.E.

...try not to get hung up on brands..seems like any cheap led bulb will put out a ton of light.

*edit yeh those look fine fer veg. I would put one in each corner and maybe 2 on the sides of the light. pic of your setup?

*'those 'grow bulbs' are usually just trying to target the red/blue spectrums to mimic the chlorophil A+B charts. They tend to be over priced. IMO a regular warm white led bulb with have a lot more usable light for flowering...and be cheaper.

18. Heres a pic of my set up, could you link me to what you would add something in the uk please?

Thanks for help man

Attached Files:

19. If it was me I would just add some cobs and eventually phase out the mars. I'm not a big fan of mars panels. The 2 I've bought both have issues.

Depends on your budget and diy abilities though. If you go with led bulbs, I would add a string of about 4 of them on each side of that panel. This would also include wiring them up and buying the cleats/fixtures to hold them though. IMO if yer adding more then like 5-7 bulbs it might be easier to just get another panel.

It might be easier to just add a second panel if that's the way you want to go, but I can't recommend a brand. Maybe someone else has better knowledge on similar sized panels.

sorry if I'm being vague at all...there's just so many different factors to consider...like diy ability, budget, and I really don't know what's available in the UK....I'm in the US

20. 6000k day light led bulbs, how many of those would you add