What Life Will Hold For You

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by lord doja, Nov 5, 2007.

1. What Life Will Hold For You

People will come into your life and somehow, you will know immediately that they were meant to be there; to serve a purpose, teach a lesson or to help you to figure out who you are or who you are meant to become. You never know who these people might be – a roommate, a neighbor, a doctor, a teacher, a friend, a lover or even a complete stranger – but when you set eyes on them, you know at that very moment that they will affect your life in some very profound manner.

Sometimes things happen to you that may seem painful, horrific and unjust at first, but in reflecting back, you will find that without overcoming these obstacles, you would have never realized your potential, strength, willpower or the depth of your heart and spirit. Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness and sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of your soul. Without these small tests; whatever they may be, life would be like a smoothly paved, straight road to nowhere. It would be safe and comfortable; a journey on ‘auto pilot'….something you could do with a blindfold on. But it would be dull, boring and utterly pointless. Always choose to take the road that is less traveled.

The people you meet who affect your life, along with the successes and the downfalls you experience, help to create who you are and who you will become. Even the bad experiences can be learned from. In fact, they are usually the most important ones. If someone loves you, give love back to them in whatever way that you can. Do this, not only because they love you, but because in a way, they are teaching you to how to love and open your heart onto others. Accept the love of others, no matter how minimal it might seem; for perhaps this is the only way in which they have been taught to express their love. If someone hurts you, betrays you, or breaks your heart; forgive them. They have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious of whom you open your heart to. We will all have our hearts broken badly at least once in our lifetime.

Make every day count; live it as though it were your last day on this earth. Appreciate every moment and take from those moments everything that you possibly can, for you will never be able to experience them again. Talk to people that you have never talked to before and listen to what they have to say. There is much to be learned from other's life experiences. Strive to make your heart empathetic toward others, as you don't know how others may have suffered until you have walked in their shoes.

Allow yourself to fall in love or break free from it; the sky is your limit and you deserve the best. If the love you are giving is not being returned; move on. You deserve more! Hold your head up high because you have every right to. Tell yourself that you are a wonderful, beautiful, exquisite individual. Strive to become the person you truly want to be and believe in yourself, for if you don't, it will be difficult for others to believe in you.

You can make anything you wish of your life. Create your own life, then go out and live it; with not one regret. If you love someone, tell them today, for you don't know what tomorrow may have in store. Learn a lesson in life each day that you are here!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. It really wasn't worth it; was it?

Thanks for your time..

2. Thank you, mahatma!

The opening paragraph is very true, I have experienced this many, many times. My wife, certain bandmates, friends, and others, you simply have a good aural reading on, and you know the future holds a rewarding mutual experience.+rep

3. Very True words, thank you. +rep

4. That is a great read.
    Certainly inspiring words for a lost and weary soul...
    Reading it made my day a little better. Thanks
    +rep

5. Thanks for beamin the lights my way...really needed it. This society doesn't facilitate "enlightened" thinking, and consequently, is very easy to lose sight sometimes. Think we can all agree to some extent...Peace man.

Love-

6. nothing is more true........

all negative experiences, unless dibilitating/death enducing, absolutely enlighten and teach.

i've posted some of my shitty stories on this forum...... all of those experiences sucked, yes. a lot? yes. but i wouldn't take them back. regardless of the consequences/reprecussions/direct effects.....i became who i am today almost soley because of my poor decisions earlier in life.

theres no way to say when or where something else terrible/tragic/debilitating/enlightening/uncomprehendable/unbelievable/advantageous/fatal/heartwarming/beneficial (and above all) regretable will happen. theres no way to be ready for such an occurance. unless you live your life in fear and utter paranoia, you're gonna have to life your life.

why not learn from the unexpected and take away what you need for yourself?

its such a cliché but shit really does happen. and when i step in shit, i try to find the least stinky area, calm down and clean it.

great post.....+rep