what kinda car should i buy?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ExCriminaL18, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Max spending limit - 10,000$

I want a nice car. been looking around and just keep seeing this ugly ass SUV type shits. I want a sports one but then I don't because insurance gonna be higher than my brain because i am young..

Top two choices so far are
    04 mazda rx-8
    07 hyundai tiburon

just gonna walk into the place and slap 10 G or whatever cash on the table and be like this car is mine now, cya. maybe since i am paying cash and paying it all off at once i can even get a cheaper price?

give me some ideas as far as make and models go.

2. buy one that works.

3. Mazda rx-8 is a sports car. Do you want a sports car or not?

4. auto-trader :smoke:

There's so many options

5. Don't get the rx8..if u don't know much about cars then u don't want a rotary engine

6. Go with a Honda or Acura

7. Buy a patrol and put a raise kit and a big pair of mud tyres on it. Dont be confine to the road limits.

8. Do not ever get a rx-8, like the dude above me said you dont want a rotary engine, no shop works on those and if you dont know what your doing, it could get really costly.

9. #9 Tomason, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
    Don't get the rx. The engine might be cheap on gas, but wastes oil like a fucker and also doesn't compare to a similar strong engine. Buddy picked up one to test drive (used 50.000 miles) and when pushing it (apparently too far) the thing blew up. Dealership had to come with a tow truck and pick it up :(

Be more specific. 2 doors 4 doors auto Manuel euro, JDM, us car and so on

If euro I can help you out.

10. Get a Mitsubishi eclipse if you want sporty or you could get a lancer or galant their all great cars.

11. Some kind of badass roaring sports car... Sexyyyyy.

12. #12 TinTizzy, Nov 5, 2012
    Scion tc

13. Seriously but dude, you sound like you wanna get a sports car to be a mad cunt and you'l probably end up speeding and getting pulled over by cops ALOT cause cops target kids in sports cars and thats not a good thing sinse you will probably have drugs/be stoned. Buy a 4 wheel drive dude not a pos suv, then you can go 4 wheel driving off road which is a shitload more entertaining then speeding and end up killing yourself or someone else, and chicks love that shit dude. And cops dont target people in 4wds anywhere near as much as suv's and sports cars. And you could get a really nice and capable 4x4 for 10 grand. Plus theyre sick to work on. Oh yea last but not least you can buy a diesel which will save you a shitload of money on fuel.

14. [quote name='"Johnnyganja"']Seriously but dude, you sound like you wanna get a sports car to be a mad cunt and you'l probably end up speeding and getting pulled over by cops ALOT cause cops target kids in sports cars and thats not a good thing sinse you will probably have drugs/be stoned. Buy a 4 wheel drive dude not a pos suv, then you can go 4 wheel driving off road which is a shitload more entertaining then speeding and end up killing yourself or someone else, and chicks love that shit dude. And cops dont target people in 4wds anywhere near as much as suv's and sports cars. And you could get a really nice and capable 4x4 for 10 grand. Plus theyre sick to work on.[/quote]

I have a sports car and I'm a "kid" I suppose... I've never gotten pulled over before and my windows are tinted and my car is loud and fast... I think it just depends on how you drive. If you drive like a maniac and rag your car all out then yeah you're gonna be a target lol.

15. #15 ChevyBLAZER420, Nov 5, 2012
    Be smart, and take it from someone who has been there and done that.

A nice bew car is great, but in a few months when the new wears off snd it's just another car and your stuck with payments and high insurance because you're young - it fuckkng sucks.

Take into account your job's income, the stability of your job (will you have this long term? Can you afford your car jobless when, lets face it, you're young and I doubt you're at your final job) and can you afford the maintence, including fuel?

That being said with $10,000 I highly suggest you find a nice 4 cylinder that is good on gas that you can buy out right and have no payments!

16. :hello: this.

And also it's a difference if your car looks legit or not. No matter what car if it arouses suspicion, they'll pull you over. Always better to have a car that seems factory made, not self made tuned. Also if the car is clean, good condition etc.

17. yea i get what youre saying, but i morely mean when youre out late at night.

18. I got a fiesta
    cost £350 (about 650$)

Does the job, cheap as shit to run and great to hotbox because it's small :smoking:

19. Late at night could definitely be a problem... Especially since all of us here are always up to no good at that time lol.

My car is clean, inside and out. It's also a convertible. I also have illegal aftermarket parts lol. I also tend to speed pretty bad... But I'm also an expert cop watcher lol (jk). So I think this pretty much makes me a big target... But I think being a girl and my car being white (same color as cop cars) counteracts it, thank goodness! Lol.

Overall, cops don't really mess with me all that much though. As long as you don't get a bright red lambo or something loud like that and you drive safe I think it'll be okay whatever you get.

20. lol that sounds just like what my friends who are girls say, damn gender discrimination.