What kind of microbe/worm/larvae praytell is this demon?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by NoNutesForMe, Nov 22, 2019.

1. It was in the top inch of my soil/ mulch layer. Anyone who can identify this little guy will be greatly appreciated. Just want to be sure he is beneficial before I get worried for nothing.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Fungus gnat larvae. The black head gives it away.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Looks like a pot worm. He's ok. If you have a bunch it means something might be off.

Edit: or it could be a fungus gnat larvae like @ElRanchoDeluxe says. I really haven't done a side-by side comparison of the two.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Looks like fungus gnat larvae.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Potworms, fungus gnat and thrips larvae all look similar for sure. Those would all be worth looking up pictures of so you can identify them in the future or just for the sake of comparison.
    RD

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pot worms are much longer/thinner and have no black head.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Vee, Nov 22, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    to get these outta the soil simply lay potatoe slices on top for a day or 2..in morn look and extract
    no biggy
    a sign of too much water ...perhaps
    good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Do they squiggle really fast?
    I think I have found 2 of them in my soil, was slightly worrying, but now sound beneficial?

Have some regular worms in there too..

9. Good, I knew they were in there. I have Some beneficial mites in the soil eating their larve and it has cut their population exponentially. Ill have to post an update in my journal soon. Just about to switch to 12/12 but I have a couple things to get done first. Have a Nice delicius top dress i have to put on, configure my lights and an extension chord to run. But they are some pretty hefty bushes at the moment

I do have Some pot Worms in my soil that i put in from my worm farm after Reading they are beneficial critters but i also have the milesomething i cant remember the name mites that a friend gave me to put in my soil when I mixed it up. So I put in about 1/2 cup of his soil in each 17 gallon pot and now they are thriving and eating these fungus gnat larvae up.

Should have squished the bastard when I had it in my head but accidentally killed an assassin bug adolescent a couple weeks ago out of ignorant fear so I’ve been ubiquitously taking it easy on all the critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum