What kind of lighting

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Buffalo Green, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Me and two other friends want to start a small grow in around a year. For 6 plants, what kind of lighting will we need? Some people say CFL, fluorescent, metal halide, etc. but I really don't understand how to even buy these. I tried looking at Lowes but I didn't understand it...

We are probably gonna grow from a bag seed our first time. We know soil, temp, etc.. another question is how do we keep the humidity? And what are those humidity monitor things called? And we just need to have a fan blowing, there doesn't have to be a window or anything open, right? Just circulating air?

2. You my friend need to do a lot more research. Your asking a lot of questions that need to be answered before you delve into an indoor grow.

Where are you growing? room, closet, garage? Dimensions of said space?
    Does it need to be stealthy on sight and smell?

Yes it does need fresh circulation incoming supply of air. A circulating fan is definitely a good thing to have stagnation sucks.

Lights for growing can be bought a lot of different places, amazon, ebay, multitude of online stores. You need to consider what kind of power are you having access to in the grow area to decide what kind of equipment you can implement.

Start taking notes, and developing some knowledge. Start with what your working with and design to what you have.

3. We aren't sure what kind of space we will have. We haven't gotten an apartment together yet. If we have a spare room maybe 10'x10', we would use that as a grow room.

We can't just have a couple fans in the room? We have to like open a window and get fresh air from there? Won't people see in? What about when it gets cold?

4. you need to work out your most restricting factor and go from there. most people's most limiting factor will be either an amount of watts they can use, amount of heat they can deal with or how much space they have.

once you know this you can work out the rest to match
    your type of light will depend on the size of your grow box and how much heat you you can rid