what kind of light bulbs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tryisforfail, May 4, 2006.

1. what kinda of light bulbs and what watts i was thinking about mabey a 100w somthing around there what u guys think

2. I think you need to read the Grow Guides and sticky posts throughout this Growing section. It's all in there.

3. Holy shit! How many times do we have to tell this guy!?! :mad: :rolleyes:

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=92550

4. damn u guys im asking if a 75 watt to a 100 watt is goodenough to use good it doesn't say anything about that in the growers guid

5. that's not what you asked. let me refresh your memory:

6. How old are you?

7. There nothing in this Forum that gives you an indication of what kind of light is the right kind and acceptable wattage? Impossible, I've read it. I've contributed to posts about it in the last 24 hours. Intelligent posts that clearly reflected an underpinning of knowledge that comes from a little reading. Up4 even gave you some direct links.

I think I speak for most if not all of us here when I say that I am glad to offer whatever knowledge I have when someone hits a brick wall -- there was a time when I didn't know the answers to a lot of these questions, and heck I'm still learning too. But when someone has not made even the simplest first-step effort and expects us to bail him out, well that kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Oh, and so does copping an attitude.

In a different thread you asked the exact same question and got the exact same answer, and you wrote, "i was just asking if u guys could go over the basics to make shure i new everything." No, we won't. That's why it's all written down, so everyone here doesn't have to answer the same questions ten times a day. I know there are a lot of newbies out there who need to learn the basics. That's why it's all written down and we refer you to it.

There is no answer to your question because you have not provided anywhere near enough information for anyone to answer it intelligently. The kind and amount of light you need will depend on how many plants you want to grow, are they femmed or not, what your grow space is like, will you be training, will you be pruning, what kind of ventilation, temps, budget, stealth needs, blah blah. Of course, if you had read up, you would also know you need to describe all that to be able to answer your question.

By the wattages you refer to it seems you are talking about incandescent bulbs. WRONG LIGHT! Again, you would know that if...

8. I second everything that Toasty just said. :D

9. i read off of google under lights and it said 75w to 100w

10. I think 75 watts will do.

You could probably just use the lamp in your living room.

Sprout it in a dixie cup.

I have the found the best soil to be a wet wad of shredded newspaper.

11. I'm going to answer this guy's question just to end these damn threads...

If you go out and buy a 75W incandescent bulb from the store, you'll just kill your plant. Incandescents simply don't work; or another way to look at it is they need a LOT of them to work. It's simply not energy efficient to use the 10 or so 100W incandescents needed to get a good light system going, so no one uses them. And one is far too weak.

If you're tight for cash, you can buy compact flourescents. They come in 11, 18, and 28W varieties (and some other sizes in that range, depending on brand). You'll still need 150+ watts of compact flouros (real watts, not the "equivilent" wattage they claim on the package). Your best bet, if you have money, is to use a HID light (HPS if you only want to get one type). They'll give you the best performance per watt and your plants will fly out of the ground.

Good luck, you seem like you'd really benifit by learning more before you try. Find some books on it, or download some grow videos.

12. alright well im gunna try the lights ihave right now i just have bull crap seeds got them for free already started to germinate it and its growing white root is already out of the seed