Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What kind of hash is this?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Thizzer4, Feb 22, 2012.

1. I just picked this up. Not super crumply. I don't know what kind of hash this is that's why I need my fellow seasoned tokers advice. Thanks stay lifted!

Attached Files:

2. smoke it and find out :) Kinda looks like unpressed or just broken up hash, looks alright, smoke and let us know :)

3. whatever it is, Looks tasty

4. looks like pressed and unpressed keif imo. smoke up.

5. Should have been posted in apprentice (seasoned tokers is not a place for any questions regarding weed). But looks like some dry sift hash. Looks blonde and tasty though, enjoy!

6. Go to the hash/oil lovers thread and ask them.They are Hash Masters my friend.

7. looks like maybe some pressed kief and or bubble hash

8. I dont think its bubble, doesnt look very "processed" at all (i.e. the trichomes havent been broken apart and thus darkened from the ice). I'd guess at some dry sifted lightly pressed hash

9. ^trichs don't darken by the ice, but rather the hash darkens due to plant contaminants - darker, blacker = lower quality. Heat will darken hash, not cold. Just some info~

OP, dry sift as many have said IMO

10. ^ stress will also break trichs causing them to appear darker which is why kneading bubble with your hands will cause it to darken over a pretty short time

11. But i do agree with what youre saying the darker bubble is generally the worse of the batch. Then again I've had some fm hash that was near black.. and some shitty hash that was golden, so who knows, its all variable

12. Kneading bubble with your hands will cause you to mix dirt and oils from your hands with the bubble; try it with clean hands. Also, the heat from your fingers would cause it to darken, not necesarily the stress of breaking trichs. Heres why:

Solvent extractions essentially work as if you exploded the trichome and lifted away the husk; basically these are just oils packed upon oils, the most degraded form a trich can be. By your thinking proper BHO and QWISO, and other extractions, should come out black, but they come out a delicious golden yellow. This is basically EXTREME stress, yet the oil is the most beautiful that can be produced regardless of the fact that every trichome is essentially burst.

Now, because we like to keep things controlled, bubble has trichome husks while BHO does not; so the question can be raised that these husks are key for darkening oil. However when I run 200 and 125 micron screens instead of 50 micron, I get wax from what would usually give me errl/taffy. In other words, the larger screens letting more and bigger trichomes through do not darken the oil (unless your starting materials stink or are degraded, in which case they can green up the oil) but rather change its consistency.

13. Hahaha man youre totally right, I never thought about washing my hands first. You raise a good point about the errl. I just figured it was the stress of the ice physically hitting the trichomes without dissolving them, whereas though butane is freezing it creates a solution and thus alters the structure of the trichs themselves. I'm not all that well learned in it though, my dogs just make it for myself and my homies

14. I also had some Black Thai hash. It was black, but pretty decent hash. I think with dry sift/bubble hash color is more strain dependent.

15. Thanks advice and answers greatly appreciated!! Helped a lot. Oh and I medicated with it super potent no doubt indica dominant. :) had me zoned out and suck on the food network channel haha. Thanks again.

16. Pressed keif. Bubble hash would be darker

17. My guess was the pressed kief mentioned earlier. That is a real nice color of kief though if it is, no green at all. Smoke bats of that all day.

stay high my friends.