what kind of grinders would you reccomend?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by btest420, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Im just wondering what you guys would reccomend as far as a grinder. I have a santa cruz shredder 4 pc, cali crusher OG 4 Pc, and a lions teeth 4pc. I was wondering if i should get a 2pc or a 3 pc grinder or not.

2. you have that many grinders ? why do you need another ?

• Like Like x 3
  3. You do have a point though. I dont know. I just like grinders a lot for some reason. I think im better off trying to trade grinders with friends then just buying a whole new grinder.

4. How about you find something you like , you buy it .
    You only need one person's opinion and that is yours .

• Like Like x 2
  5. $ 70 you must be high .

• Like Like x 2
  6. Basic 3 or 4 stage grinders with a keif catch. You don't need something fancy, just a non porous material. All you're doing is making sure that you get everything out that you put in.

7. All I need is one. But if you are starting a collection, I would suggest a sharpstone.

8. space case is cool.

9. I dig my pink Santa Cruz 4pc. Kind of like sunglasses, you spend a little more cash you tend to take care of them better. Pink makes it easy to find in the dark/backpack/high as fuck.

Apparently you can send it in to get sharpened for its lifetime but haven't had a need in 4 years and lbs of bud.

10. Space Case make the best grinders.

• Like Like x 1
  11. This

12. They are very expensive though.

13. Anything thats top of the line is, but you get what you pay for.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. After cancer treatments I was too weak to use any grinders, had to get my non smoking wife to grind for me. So, I bought an electric grinder. It sucks, big time. Even a very quick (less than a full second) knocks the keif out of the pot, depositing it on the walls and top of the grinder. I spent a lot of time scraping keif off the grinder to put it back in the weed. I do NOT recommend electric grinders. Now that I have my strength back, it is collecting dust in the corner.

15. I have gone through a few grinders, each time I try and find a quality machined unit, but some are made of inferior aluminum and the threads get dinged up, or at some point the gasket wears out, and over time they have all gotten gunked up in the threads and on the shredding teeth, making the turning clunky.
    I have a new grinder, called a SLX (Slicks) which has a ceramic coating inside and out, even on the teeth, which are more hourglass shaped than diamond, and the holes into the lower chamber are more teardrop shaped than round. This results in a fluffy grind and the ceramic coating ensures what you grind does not stick to the inside of your grinder. YAY! This is a game changer, beats my Cali Crusher like a obnoxious stepchild. I did not believe what I read about the grind resulting in joints that do not run, but it's true... makes better vaping material, too. Costs the same as any quality grinder, but beats them all. I'd rather see all that goodness I am paying for go up in smoke than waste it making my grinder get stuck.

• Like Like x 1