What kind of deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by maddgrower, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Been battling issues with my grow for over 2 weeks. pH is 6.0 - 6.8. BioBizz Grow 1mL/L and BioBizz Flower 2mL/L every feeding. Stems get purple stripes, eventually the whole stem goes purple and absolute stiff, like wood. Leaves yellow and get purple discoloration. Leaf tips look nute burned? I've spent so many hours trying to fix this issue and nothing seems to help. I'd legit give my right arm to make these plants look healthy again. One more week of trying to figure out whats causing this or I'm throwing them in the trashbin and starting over. I should say I had zero issues during my last grow and was feeding them the same nutrient solution.

Anyone who could help me figuring out what is going on before I lose my mind?

Attached Files:

2. Yes...I would back off on feeding, and just water for a while at this point.

3. But the yellowing leaves on bottom and the purple stems? Consequence of overfertilizing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The yellow leaf looks familiar to me. I think I got those from my low night time temps, trying to coax some purple out of them. I got purple leaves! To an extent of course, but plenty leaves that looked like that. I had no other suspicions at the time.

5. They are autos and my temps are steady at 28C/82F so temps is most likely not the issue

6. Ahhh yup, cross that off the list. Are they Mephisto Genetics by chance?

7. After some time the leaves turn crispy and die so I don't think it's genetics either

8. Well going through flower that can happen normally. My question was did you buy your seeds from that company.

Also, did you maybe increase feed in an attempt to supply more N, then shortly after notice the tips burn?

9. They are northern lights from Royal Queen Seeds. I have constantly added 1mL/L BioBizz Grow and the problems continue to occur

10. So when ur soil is dry ready to water or feed, do this
    Take a large shot glass of soil from ur plant and the same amount of distilled water and put in a cup. Stir around. Than put one meter in and get a reading. Than the other. So that will give u the true pH of ur soil. The ppms will tell u if ur plants are eating ur feeds or if they are hungry. So if I get a reading of 350 or under I feed. If it's over 350 i water. It's just that simple

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. 6.0 is too low for ur plant to uptake calcium. If u are in soil u need to be 6.3-6.8

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ok, so all of your feedings are using 1ml/l? You didn’t work up to that amount from a lesser amount or taper down from a higher amount?

Also, earlier you said you’re on the same regimen. Are you using soil left over from the last grow? Nutrients from the last grow? The reason I ask this is because, well idk for sure if soil has a shelf life... but life is teaching me that it might. Also, crossing shit off the list.

13. I don't have a ppm meter nor do I have access to distilled water. However I do own a pH meter so I could make a water solution with citric acid and make it's pH 7 and do the process you mentioned

14. I used fresh soil and started giving them nutrients when they were 2 weeks of age. They looked healthy until they got in flower, which was about week 4.

15. When I say soil left over from last grow, I do not mean soil previously used. The question was more geared towards how long have you had the soil you’re using.

For the nutes, when the plants enter flower they need a lot of food because the of the stretch. Then after the stretch their needs change. Looking back I see you said you added biobizz flower also. So you’re still currently feeding both grow and bloom?

Definitely do like Papa say do, get a slurry test on your soil. Ph and ec/ppm if possible. Ph level will let you know what nutrients are in danger of being locked out at what levels and whatnot, and you’ll be able to work it from there. And ec/ppm will let you know how she’s eating and what’s available to her.

16. I just checked pH and it's 6.5. I'm starting to think it's nutrient excess which causes lockout. Actually I kept feeding it after I transplanted it. Maybe I'm feeding at a faster pace than it's eating? It would make sense, to me it seems like the most possible scenario. Can I flush it with pH 8.4 tap water if I correct pH to 7?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I think you've got it nailed down now....

18. upload_2019-9-15_12-57-55.png
    upload_2019-9-15_12-58-36.png

It looks like this company likes to sell MORE stuff, to fix problems caused by the FIRST stuff you buy from them...
    Great Marketing Strategy !

19. Look at you! Keep posted Ight!

20. I have stopped completely with the nutrients since sunday and I have removed a few more complete yellow leaves. Tomorrow I'm gonna feed it again with plain water and hope for it's recovery.

Attached Files: