what kind of car would you recommend?

Discussion in 'General' started by waitin-on-a-sac, Feb 23, 2010.

1. alright so i'm getting my first car pretty soon and i have no idea what type or model i want.

so what was your first car? and what would you recommend? (keep in mind I'm ganna buy a used car.)

2. Honda. Hands down. For a used car they are great. If treated properly it will run up to 200,000 miles. I got one when i was 16 and never had a problem with it and it currently has 120,000 miles on it.

3. Honda Civic Sport > Everything.

4. 2003 VW Jetta VR6, 6 speed FTW!

5. yeah I have a 97 civic si. Love that car, so fun to drive and great on gas. still going strong at a little over 200,000.

6. 1994 Impala SS.... DOPE AS FVCK

7. Toyotas are cheap these days.

....seriously...

8. I would get a prius.
    40 bucks every like 3 weeks.
    And theyre speff.
    and lowkey as hell.
    Honest is a great choice of a car....unless you got like blizzards where you live

9. I love my nissan altima but personally when i buy my first new car im going to get a hybrid. If you can get a used hybrid get it. Will save you money in the long run.

10. I bought a 1996 toyota corolla for $1000 a few months ago, it has nothing wrong with it at 150k miles and is expected to run another 100k with only normal small maintinance

Most cars will run a long time if treated properly, but toyotas are known for it. Plus it gets good gas mileage, is standard transmission (I think its a plus), and has really nice steering :)

If you can't tell I'm incredibly pleased with my $1000 car :D

11. i live in Minnesota, soooo yeah there's ganna be blizzards. not for awhile though winters almost over.

thanks for all the input, i'll definitely look for some Hondas. :D

12. yeahhh i feel...honest the toyota corola looks sick too.
    the new honda civic is cool too.
    Just get something that does more than decent on gas and looks pretty cool.
    thats just more money in your pocket for trees or w/e

13. yeah i heard that after the whole Toyota incident their getting hella cheap.

14. Honda or Toyota.

Or Acura.

Meh, you decide. I would get a Kia Spectra, you could find them at those budget dealerships, a new one for like 10k, and I think they get 40+ mpg.

15. 99' buick regal... Has balls and is comfortable

16. Japanese all the way. My first car was a 1986 Toyota Celica Drop top amazing car. I just picked up an 2010 Accord it rocks and traded my 07 camry in on it. Love Japanese cars they are awesome.

17. 2001 camaro. all blacked out son.

cant really fuck with the car. if batman were real hed ditch the bat mobile for one of these mofuckas

18. get a jeep bro you wont regret it, either a wrangler cuz they are so fun to drive in the summer and pick up babes in and drive around high with the wind blowin and bumpin tunes, or a cherokee , you could get either of them for under 8,000 used or so

19. pontiac g6 for sure (atleast thats what i have)
    if you have enough get the g8...its sooooo sick