What kind of bug is this!?!?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growmama, Feb 4, 2018.

1. #1 growmama, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    I’ve never in my life seen something like this before. It was crawling in my veg room. Someone help me identify it !

Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.[​IMG]

2. Good Lord Almighty that is the most prehistoric looking monstrosity I have ever had the unfortunate displeasure of observing!!! Now if you will pardon me I believe my dinner is making an evacuation

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks like a firebrat or silverfish

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ok so apparently it is a “silverfish” lol

Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It's a silverfish

• Like Like x 1
  6. Silverfish.
    Nasty bug.
    Dirty like cockroach.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You find them in old books. Isn’t that a silver fish? If it is I wouldn’t sweat it. Photograph next to a size reference

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yep was gonna say silver fish I get them a bit using DWC pretty sure they like moisture... Not sure about them being dirty though

• Like Like x 2
  9. They’re not. They feast on paper, old books and wallpaper but not living plants and they are definitely attracted to moisture. A dehumidifier gets rid of them

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Silverfish they eat holes in your clothes

• Like Like x 2
  11. Silver Fish. For one they are not dirty in any way. Second they feed on book glue, sugar, starch, clothes.

Personally I don't kill or remove them. They look funny and they don't really do much clothe damage.

People mistake them for Earwigs. People think Earwigs eat through your ear and lay eggs. That's not true either, both insects are harmless. Just scoop the little guy up and let him go.

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."

• Like Like x 2