Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What kind of bong should i get?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mongolian chill, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Hey looking for some help on what i should look for in a new bong. Im going to be getting a higher end glass bong. just wondering what some of your opinions on what i should look for pics and prices would be nice

thanks

2. What's your budget?

3. mad scientist :hello:

4. When it comes to bongs I look for a few things, not to say you will have different taste, but this is what I like. Size, a goot one footer or 2 footer is easy to store and clean. If you want something taller just be sure you have a good spot for it. I also look if it's clear or not. Some people love to watch that smoke build and know what's left. Some come with an ice catcher to cool the smoke a bit more, and some come with ash catchers to, well help catch ash. Also is brand, design, if it's hand blown, color changing, all which will effect price.

For me, Simple is key, and seeing that smoke is pretty fun too =)

5. this is a c/p from a similar question I answered. Just my .02.

I've got to say I've been toking a decade now and have smoked pretty much anything you could imagine.

But I have to give it up for really the last few years and the bong technology that has come out. These are really 21st century bongs.

I'm not a glass nut and I don't recommend spending lots of money on glass. But they have all sorts of pretty high quality stuff pretty cheap now. I bought an inline gong with a 6 arm tree perc and an ice catch for $180 and it just blows old school bongs out of the water.

I never knew how smooth pipes could smoke. Don't just waste cash on a name. A straight tube roor hits like any other straight tube. It's the technology that is working not the logo. You need tree percs and preferably an inline IMHO.

But really I give my recommendation to any double filtered ice bong. Doesn't matter if it's tree percs, inline, disk, etc. But any technology aimed at reducing drag and increasing smoke to water contact is the way to go.

But my personal answer is a 16-18 inch 18mm GonG inline with a 6+ arm tree perc, splash guard, and ice catch.

6. definately get one with an icecatcher and solid downpipe/slide.

7. #8 MrHempStar, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2010
    Hello Sir. I would like to recommend a few brands for you. I have two glass bongs. One is a 1' tall bong made by HVY Glass. The shaft of the piece is about 3/8's of inch thick(which is Thick!!!!). This is a great feature for stoners who have a tendancy to knock things over!!!:rolleyes: This is my favorite bong I have ever owned or smoked out of. The male and female piece is glass on glass which I prefer over rubber fittings. The glass on glass feature makes it alot easier to clean, when necessary simply smoke a bowl out of it to heat it up and you can pull it right out.

http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/345517-oficcial-hvy-glass-appreciation-thread-3.html this is a HVY Glass appreciation thread the third piece down is the one I own and I would highly recommend it.

My other bong is a 1.5' foot Sky glass piece. This is the piece I break out for specialty smokes or if I have a friend over and where trying to get stizzed before playing some xbox. A bong that big is not always convenient. It spends more time on the shelf than any where else. Still a great piece. This one is not glass on glass and sometimes when I am pulling out the stem to clean it I feel like I am going to snap it. Although I never have.

The Sky Glass cost me 220.00 Dollars. The Hvy Glass was 100.00 Dollars

I hope this helped. The first couple pictures are of the sky glass the others are of the hvy glass. Good Luck :smoking:

Attached Files:

8. #9 AlexStenka, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2010
    not a roor over priced way way over priced its just a piece of glass:) and trust me idc what any of you roor nerds think keep on wasting ur money i rather get a 60 dollar bong and spend the rest on bud instead of spending 250 on a piece of glass :laughing: you can find really good no brand name bongs that are just as good as roors for way cheaper. im sure im gone get flamed cuz all the people that got their 250 dollar bong are gone get on my ass now.

9. It's a high quality glass. Much more so than your cheapy bongs.

More weed is nice, but a RooR is going to be something you can keep for a long time, and is going to be much nicer than your $60 bong.

10. SYNs are very good for the money. Atleast they used to be

11. ok well i have owned 2 roors and plenty of cheap bongs and to burst your bubble i like my cheap bongs way more its my opinion, and who says you can't keep a 60 dollar bong for a long time? roors are nice but are not worth no 300 bux idc what you or anyone says but hey its ur OPINION just like i have one too.:wave: high quality glass wtf? lol its a fucking bong

12. ROOR does indeed make some fine glassware....

But compared to other brands, they're a tad overpriced

I can pick up a 5mm ROOR with an ice pinch and flame embossed label for about 350 bucks here at the local headshop

On the other hand, I can get a 7mm MGW Rasta Label with an ice pinch, and an Illy/ROOR/Name Brand ash-catcher for around 200 bucks....

EHLE also makes solid glass for your first bong...

Heard great things about US Tubes, but haven't got to try one out just yet

Yeah, ROOR bongs are incredibly nice, but if I had a choice between owning a ROOR, or owning a thicker piece that rivals ROOR (IMO) in quality and smoothness.... with money to spare...

I would choose the other bong over the ROOR

13. Burst my bubble? I don't even own a Roor. I never said a $60 bong couldn't last a long time, but I would be willing to bet that the majority of the time a Roor is going to outlast a $60 noname.

And what is confusing you about the term high quality glass? They are high quality glass pieces.