Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Jobs Drug Test?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by notajew, Dec 15, 2010.

1. I'm about to head back home after my last final tomorrow. I'll be home for about a month or so, and I'm probably going to get a job.

I have no previous criminal records or anything drug related, but I just smoked yesterday. What types of jobs drug test? Do only government jobs/high-end jobs drug test? Would a small time job at like a best buy or some restaurant drug test?

2. i think best buy would but im not sure

3. In my experience: most/all govt and low wage (McDonalds) jobs test. Almost all jobs where you do service work (roto-rooter, HVAC, etc...) test. Almost no jobs in the high-tech sector test. Once you make it to a particular salary level in the private sector the tests also stop for the most part. Any place where you handle cash will probably test.

4. Most jobs say they will but most wont. Really depends on the type of company. A large corporation like Best Buy will. If your looking for a job for a month go to a pizza place and deliver they never dt.

Edit: for the poster above. Mcdonalds DOES NOT drug test. If that were the case, ever employee wouldnt have a job.

5. Plenty of jobs of all types drug test. You'd be better off telling people what stores/restaurants/etc are in your area and people can tell you which ones they know don't drug test.

I can tell you that JCPenney does not drug test unless you have an accident on the job that the safety rep believes may be drug related.

6. Seems like most will drug test because of insurance policies require it.

You could always collect welfare, they dont drug test. :rolleyes:

7. If you are only going to get a job for a month, it probably isn't a very important one. Places like grocery stores and restaurants rarely drug test from what I've seen. Entry level positions don't drug test much; hell if you show up on time and work hard the employer will be very happy.

Restaurants lol...I've never worked in one but have alot of friends that do. Almost everybody burns. Especially cooks. But bartenders, servers, mangers, usually quite a few burn.

Good luck.

8. Every co I have worked for aside from restaurants has asked for a piss sample.

9. Best Buy does a urinalysis.

<- works for Best Buy

10. Yea resturants, ive worked at 4 resturants and have never been tested almost every 1 i wrked with blazed so if u can find a food service job u should be straight