What is your average caloric intake for a normal day?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by figarofigaro, Sep 9, 2012.

1. I'd say mine is around 3500.

Probably too high..

What about you?

2. id say about 3500 as well. perfect for me though so long as im getting those calories from healthy sources

3. Probably between 1500 and 2000. I need to eat more to be honest, i'm 6'2 170 wouldn't mind being around 185.

4. 2500 unless i get those super munchies then who the hell knows :p

5. Anywhere from 2,500 to around 10,000.

(No, I'm not Michael Phelps. The "high" end of that range is dependent on whether I smoke or not. It gets downright obscene in the kitchen...)

6. Heres a tip for anyone needing a really quick and easy way to get more calories in your diet is just drink a shot or two of coconut oil. It has lots of healthy fats and is high in calories for how easy and fast it is to consume. I always drive around with a thing of coconut oil or olive oil in my vehicle haha. sounds weird but its not a bad idea

7. 2500-3000. i'm cutting down starting today

8. Easily 4000. I eat 7 meals a day. Cross country + wrestling at the same time is killer

9. 3500-4000

High fat, moderate protein, low carb. Best way to live :cool:

10. ^ how many grams of protein for yourself a day do you consider moderate? also whats your weight.

11. I weigh 163. I usually get around 200 grams of protein a day. More if I have a protein shake

12. ok im about the same as you but I weigh 170 instead of 163

13. I think i may have developed a bit of an eating dissorder.

I'm a student and between ganja and food I have a very tight budget, and I tend to dip into my food money a lot to grab. I dont get paid until the nd of this week and I've been down to my last 20 for the last three days. I feel like im not even gettin over 1500 calories a day sometimes.

What I've started to do is spend like 10 bucks on shitty junkfood that has high calories and fat and basicly grab as much as I can for that price. I can still eat a shitload if i want to (I could easily eat 3000+ a day if i had the funds. When my eating was better I'd easily bring in 2500 the daily intake for a man my age/build). So ill go taco bell or sum shit on days when i have some extra money and just get a shit load of food. I feel decently full for the rest of the day and i can easily put together a meal that has 1500+ calories in one meal.

Ironically, I learned my eating patterns resembled that of the "warrior diet" if you've ever heard of it. I just did recently and my eating habits have been like this for about a month or 2. I really don't feel as tired/lethargic as I feel I should, nor do I feel as hungry.

Although I know im undereating, I think a lot of us overeat and if u supplement that with physical acticity thats alright I guess. but the warrior diet makes a good arguement of how our eating patterns are substantially different from what our body was used to in the past. The warrior diet says you can only eat during a 4 hour period you choose (usually at the end of the day) and to overeat in that period.

I'd like to try it once i start working again and have money to eat enough calories. Id like to try 3000 calories in a 4 hour window 5-9pm while maintaining at least some physical activity everyday (and workout 3 times a week min).

I was in pretty good shape (and eating much better) last year but due to school and work I loast a lot of muscle tone I had.

[​IMG]

I'm around the same weight (maybe a little less) but I will be starting my work outs at the end of the month, this time eating according to the warrior diet for at least a month and ill see my results. I think someone should make a thread where blades can post their progress. It's hard to see how your progressing sometimes so second opinions are always helpful. If this thread is not up when I start my routine I'll definitely make one!

14. I do intermittent fasting Heerbalist (like Warrior Diet but instead of 4 hour overeating window I do 6...can't get 3500+ calories in my body in 4 hours haha).

Switch the way you eat. High fat, moderate protein. Foods higher in fat are more calorically dense. Eat a bunch of carbs along with that and you'll put on weight in no time, and following intermittent fasting will ensure that you won't get fat (which is what happens when people eat diets of high carbs and high fat)

15. 3500? You guys must be huge.

For me, I aim for anything above 2600. But not a lot more than 3000 either, on a normal day.

I keep it as clean as possible too, with practically no junk food at all.
    No things with a crazy amount of sugar, etc. etc.